• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I messed up today. Totally stupid!!!

It started off OK with a trip to the gym first thing this morning.

Got back from there about 10 o'clock. I didn't get cleaned up as I was going straight back outside to sweat. Dug out the power washer and had a devil of a job getting it running. It's still not working as it should but it's working well enough. After an early lunch I went back outside to start washing patio furniture. I usually do that in the spring but with everything that was going on in our lives at that time it kind of got set aside.

I brought all the chairs and tables around to the front of the house just because it was easier and fired up the power washer. Darn it was hot on that black asphalt driveway. The temperature was 95° in the shade and there wasn't any where I was working. The humidity had dropped the past couple of days but today it was back up to 80%. It was miserable out there. I took plenty of short breaks to cool off and drank gallons of water and Powerade Zero. Just as I was finishing up about 4 o'clock I noticed that I a had a dull, throbbing headache and my eyes were starting to hurt. I called it quits right there and then, went inside to the a/c and drank even more water. Once I got dried off I went and caught a short nap. A nap cures everything, doesn't it? Wrong!!!! I woke up feeling like crap, throbbing headache and my eye balls felt as if they were sunburned.

I didn't start to feel better until about 11 o'clock tonight. I'm off to bed now and I'm sure I'll be back to normal by tomorrow. I'd better. I've got to spend about 4 or 5 hours mowing the yard.

Angelface

Mowing the lawn is the most overrated yard work.. lol

Yesterday was so awful I am trying to forget it even happened... today was a little better however. A friend wants me to go out with her Saturday night.. but to be honest, my weeks are so ever exhausting that by the time the weekend gets here, I really don't want to do anything at all but just stay home, enjoy my kids and do nothing... except cuddle a blanket on my couch late at night and watch a movie and not even talk. As much fun as it sounds going out.. the energy isn't there.

Some people I know seem to get offended when you say no, but they are still in the dating/partying phase with no kids and do not understand how exhausting it is to work full time and be a full time parent also.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Mowing the lawn is the most overrated yard work.. lol

Yesterday was so awful I am trying to forget it even happened... today was a little better however. A friend wants me to go out with her Saturday night.. but to be honest, my weeks are so ever exhausting that by the time the weekend gets here, I really don't want to do anything at all but just stay home, enjoy my kids and do nothing... except cuddle a blanket on my couch late at night and watch a movie and not even talk. As much fun as it sounds going out.. the energy isn't there.

Some people I know seem to get offended when you say no, but they are still in the dating/partying phase with no kids and do not understand how exhausting it is to work full time and be a full time parent also.
Sounds to me like you're the one with your shit together and those people are still stuck in their teenage years where life is one big party. Your priorities should be those kids and keeping them happy and safe. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Angelface

Sounds to me like you're the one with your shit together and those people are still stuck in their teenage years where life is one big party. Your priorities should be those kids and keeping them happy and safe. [emoji1]

:wink: Maybe I am just getting old also.. lol but that's just my life now. Yes every now and then you need a break.. but after awhile things like that seem juvenile. Besides when you are around a lot of people, even more so with ones who have been drinking.. there is drama. And omg we all know theres enough drama in my life. lol

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
This is why I prefer to stay clear of the bar scene. Much more fun sitting around the campfire with friends. We have a sign out at the main firepit. Campfires. ...where friends and marshmallows get toasted.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm a dumbass. Just drove down to the border to pick up a package. Got to the till and realized I forgot my wallet at home. So back home to get my wallet and back to the Border. It's only an hour drive

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm a dumbass. Just drove down to the border to pick up a package. Got to the till and realized I forgot my wallet at home. So back home to get my wallet and back to the Border. It's only an hour drive

Your slide in to senility should be a fairly smooth transition.

Sorry, I've been waiting weeks to use that one!!!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lol. I'm already there most days. You wouldn't believe how many times I drive uptown to pick something up then forget what I was going for when I get there.

Angelface

As long as you don't forget to put clothes on before leaving the house.. you should be okay. :wink:

Long day today... I have been feeling tired non stop all week. I can't wait for tomorrow to get over with so I can try and get sleep.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. Yes. Got that covered at least. Now here's the rest of the story. ...

So I head to physio this morning and afterwards drive to the border. It's an hour drive one way. Before leaving I check the gas Guage. It's halfway between quarter and empty so I think. ...sure. I can make it to the border and gas up there. It's way cheaper anyway. (It's only .88 cents a liter there. Here its 1.28) So the truck is sucking fumes by the time I get there the first time but I figured I would fill up there and spend 60 on a tank vs 120 here. I get to the counter to pick up my package at the border store. Reach down and immediately think.....oh crap. Now I'm standing there in a foreign country with no cash. No id. No gas in the truck. Cell phone doesn't work since I lose service as soon as I cross the border. Lovely. Well. I decided to make a run for home anyway. At least if I run out of gas I'll be in my own country.

Thankfully I didn't get held up at the border and made it home. Drove with the cruise set the whole way. I was home long enough to get my wallet. Put a few $ worth of gas in then head back. The guy at the American border gave me a funny look when I pulled up for the second time.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Just finished preparing potato salad for a back yard bbq tomorrow.

Gorgeous day here, the first of four days off.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Haven't stopped today. The usual 6am wake up. Kiddies off to school by 8:40. Then hauled the boat over to get the trailer welded. Then home to work on the truck. By 1pm I had the lower steering shaft out and the new one installed. Then off to pick up a new kill switch for the boat. Then Walmart for a few groceries for the weekend. Then to an outdoor dealer for a tow strap harness for the tube I picked up last week. Then home to install the new kill switch. Then inside to pack up for camp. Phewf. Time to sit down. Back is done.

Angelface

You know I am getting really tired of buying things online and them coming in damaged... I am starting to think online shopping is becoming a joke... grrr.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I've only ever had one thing come in broken. Guess I'm lucky that way. Just don't throw a duck out on the highway

Angelface

I've only ever had one thing come in broken. Guess I'm lucky that way. Just don't throw a duck out on the highway

lol well Amazon packaging is the absolute worse...

Anyways I had Denny's for dinner and now I am suffering for the rest of the evening... I might consider giving up eating there but our choices here are so limited. :(

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Lmao. Yes. Got that covered at least. Now here's the rest of the story. ...

So I head to physio this morning and afterwards drive to the border. It's an hour drive one way. Before leaving I check the gas Guage. It's halfway between quarter and empty so I think. ...sure. I can make it to the border and gas up there. It's way cheaper anyway. (It's only .88 cents a liter there. Here its 1.28) So the truck is sucking fumes by the time I get there the first time but I figured I would fill up there and spend 60 on a tank vs 120 here. I get to the counter to pick up my package at the border store. Reach down and immediately think.....oh crap. Now I'm standing there in a foreign country with no cash. No id. No gas in the truck. Cell phone doesn't work since I lose service as soon as I cross the border. Lovely. Well. I decided to make a run for home anyway. At least if I run out of gas I'll be in my own country.

Thankfully I didn't get held up at the border and made it home. Drove with the cruise set the whole way. I was home long enough to get my wallet. Put a few $ worth of gas in then head back. The guy at the American border gave me a funny look when I pulled up for the second time.

I gave you a thx. just to let you know that I am glad that you made it

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Time for some relaxation. Having a few beers around the campfire with friends. Calling for a major thunderstorm tonight.

Leni

Good God Redneck! That sounds like way too much activity for you. Sure hope that you don't pay for all of this tomorrow. I know all too well the effects of feeling better and then over doing it.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Good God Redneck! That sounds like way too much activity for you. Sure hope that you don't pay for all of this tomorrow. I know all too well the effects of feeling better and then over doing it.

Isn't that the truth.

My M-I-L is one of 6 siblings. A lifetime ago they all decided that they would all get together on the last Saturday of the month for a family supper and since there were six of them, they would each host it twice a year. Well, all the aunts and uncles are long gone, except for my 98-year old M-I-L and she'll see us all out of here, but we still try to carry on the tradition although it is faltering. We host the Christmas get-together and also the one in June. That's why I've been working so hard in this heat over the last two weeks in order to get the place looking pretty for Saturday night. There's only going to be 16 of us. At one time there was well over 30 of us every month but since the oldies have gone, most of the cousins and their kids are scattered all over the country.

So, I've just about got everything ready, my wife has the kitchen in order so we just have to wait and see what everybody else brings. It'll be fun and they will no doubt make a dent in my beer and wine stocks. Hopefully everything goes off smoothly. Even if it doesn't, nobody really cares. It's just an excuse to eat, drink and tell old stories that we've all heard a dozen times before. God, I love it. :clap::clap::clap:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I couldn't sleep so got up WAY to early, took my morning pill. I fed the cat crew (& poo boxes duty Yuck). Took a shower got dressed. Closed the front door (have a screen door) that I had open to air out the house. It was warming up towards 90. Watched a bit of the morning news while I had milk and cookies.
Went back to sleep in my recliner. Woke up. I watched some kid's cartoons (have the Barkleys on now). I guess things have changed because the commercials have sure changed. During a cartoon called the "Hound Cats" the 1st that came on was some kind of - well never mind I think I will post it in the NSFW section. 2nd commercial was for cocaine recovery and you get the idea.
Glad I'm not a kid today. Crap now I am depressed.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
More pounding.

Attachments

• 20160625_152227.jpg
    20160625_152227.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 81
  • 20160625_152205.jpg
    20160625_152205.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 83

Leni

My Rose Society had their annual luncheon and auction today. I was going to cook something but since it's up around 100 again I decided to take Caesar Salad. Everyone else had the same idea. Salads, cold cuts, fruits etc.

There were a lot of roses that are no longer in commercial production. They went anywhere from 47.00 up to a new member buying one for $45. Most were less than $20. These are roses that would sell in many cases much more than we paid for them.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
BBQ night..

I had a burger with pickles, onion and ketchup and 3 wings brushed with chili lime bbq sauce (something Tonda's guy Jerry got from Sam's Club- really good!) didn't eat any of my potato salad but had a spoon of baked beans and a deviled egg and a small square of friend Judy's jello pretzel dessert which was just delicious.

Jerry's brat grandson chased Daisy the Otterhound into a field and almost got lost.
Then the kid refused to eat any of the stuff we had, he wanted chicken noodle soup lol

They were all getting well into the beer and the gals chugging Sangria with country music blasting.

Guess I'm the party pooper for leaving early and not drinking and not staying for the big fireworks they'd bought at the Indiana state line.

Oh well! :biggrin:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Managed to sneak in a good quad ride this afternoon. First time since the accident that I went for a spin

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm taking today off. I'm doing absolutely nothing. I've been working my buns off for the past 2 weeks to get ready for the family supper we had last night. There were supposed to be 16 coming but only 14 showed up. Started eating at 6:30 and the last of them left after 11:00. The food was great but the best part is sitting around the table listening to all the old stories.

My excuse for sloth, "Even God rested on Sunday" and I'm sticking to it.

Angelface

Yuck.. Monday... Well.. at least next weekend is a three day weekend. :flowers: But I think I am going to give in and start making plans to make some changes. The stress and constant busy schedule is really starting to show side affects of my health both physically and mentally..

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Penzon . If it rains, it's grind chains . If it doesn't ,brush hogging for my in laws ,and hauling the last of the firewood to the lady down the road . Just penzon weather .

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to the oldest boy's grade 6 graduation. Next year he goes on to a different school.

1295ec80e23a78502cc62a293d6bc81f.jpg

Afterwards I figured I'd make a date out of the afternoon with the missus. First a nice lunch date then a drive out to check the falls since we got so much rain recently.
88ea04efc5bcee39b1b2b6f8b64fe899.jpg
8ca980c1c60208d4838d94cc0eb0f2bd.jpg

This evening was the annual scout bbq. Both the older boys are involved.
ffda6d26094660c36cca1536d3add6a9.jpg

Oh. Somewhere in there I took the oldest out for a new bike. When I got home I took a look online at kijiji and found the exact same bike for half the price with a helmet. The second oldest needed a new one too so I picked it up for him. Both their old bikes will now be brought to camp for them to use there.
65ef5d7f9089019d2580ef74649687f7.jpg
96a41ca1b7afed79b3b3a62f4f86fe91.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.