• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Soldier Park Bighorn Mountains

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Wednesday on our way up the mountain to our mountain home we took a side trip to a place called Soldier Park. Back in the Calvary days a couple soldiers were buried in the area. It is a 4 mile low range crawl with a high clearance 4X4 over basketball size and larger boulders to reach the area. We took a few pics to share as it is a very pretty area of the mountain. Many people never see this area as the terrain is so rough and remote.

We plan to go back later this summer for a 5 day camping trip, do some further exploration and fly fishing in the area. Our plan is to do a base camp at Soldier Park and then hike into the wilderness area with back packs to some high mountain streams and lakes a few miles further up the valley.
20160623_100011_resized_1.jpg a.jpg

20160623_101830_resized_1.jpga.jpg

20160623_103936_resized_1.jpga.jpg

20160623_101437_resized_1.jpga.jpg

20160623_101837_resized_1.jpga.jpg

20160623_104553_resized_1.jpga.jpg

95211210.jpga.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Beautiful, beautiful country.

I envy you not having to live in this 95° and 85% humidity East Texas weather.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
It's a good time of year to be out in the North West. Took the kids fishing the other weekend in the Gifford Pinchot forest and it was beautiful. Saw some elk and eagles (of course the fish stayed away though).

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I fell in love with western Wyoming when I worked up there. The country is beautiful and I loved the people.

If I ever win the lottery that's where I'm heading ... at least for the summer. :biggrin:

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for sharing. Love the mountains and the streams. Beautiful country you get to enjoy. Looks similar to the forests here in Colorado. :smile: