• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Maxey/Thiokol Deckover/Tilt Deck Trailer

ssort

This is a very nice Maxey/Thiokol Deck Over Tilt Deck Trailer. Trailer is licensed and titled in WA state and is noted as a DMC 'make' and a 1979 'model year'. These don't come up for sale very often and typically they have been used very hard.

Size is 8X16 and i believe it's a 14K but maybe someone who knows these better then i do on this forum can correct me.

It's in nice shape and had brand new Les Schwab Power King tires. Wheel bearings were repacked at the same time. It also has a spare tire/wheel that is in fine shape. Tires are always covered from top and sides from sunlight as you can see in the images.

All lights work as do the brakes and the tilt hydraulics. I have also replaced key nuts and bolts on the trailer coupler with new hardware specific to the trailer weight and capacity.

I bought this about a year ago from a fellow Snowcat Forums Forums member. I'm reluctantly selling it as its a bit short for my current snowcat.

4000 OBO. Contact me at 2o689o89o1

Attachments

• IMG_9650.jpg
    IMG_9650.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 599
  • IMG_9643.jpg
    IMG_9643.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 603
  • IMG_9644.jpg
    IMG_9644.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 599
  • IMG_9637.jpg
    IMG_9637.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 589
  • IMG_9622.jpg
    IMG_9622.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 605
  • IMG_9633.jpg
    IMG_9633.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 585

ssort

I've tried to do that but the plate is mostly illegible. i've been trying to figure out how to sort this out. contact me at 2o689o89o1 if you'd like.

ssort

Here is the image. If anyone can decipher this it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

tr

Attachments

• IMG_9623.jpg
    IMG_9623.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 347

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
There's a similar, but slightly shorter, trailer that's been on ksl.com for quite a while offered by a snowcat 'flipper". (Almost everything he sells is a "Monster" something...)

There's a photo of the data plate in that ad, and based on that picture, I'd say the 2,000 number is the empty trailer weight and the 10-000 number signifies the GVW is 10,000 lbs.

Here's a link to that ad:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=218&ad=38195585&cat=&lpid=1&search=snowcat&ad_cid=1

I wonder if you called Maxey and showed them a photo of your aged data plate if they would make you a new one? Just a thought...

Good luck with the sale.

ssort

Thanks BT, that is where i was headed, 10K lbs, 2K trailer weight. Makes sense to me.

"Monster" ALWAYS HAS ENTERTAINING ADS................ I especially like the noted trailer ad with the picture of the Tucker as the display image!

Thanks again!

tr

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
drop your price and sell that thing so you can start showing us that new pistenbully you bought.
I'm itching to see more of it.