• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Procom LPG Gas heaters ???

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
They use to make a LPG vented wall mounted unit . I can't seem to find any , but the "vent free" type . I need one in the LPG 30,000 range . Any one know why they quit making them ??? They were great ???:sad:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The efficiency of the ventless ones and the lack of punching holes through the wall is what made them take over sales. 2 smaller units placed properly will give you more even heat than one big through the wall unit.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
The efficiency of the ventless ones and the lack of punching holes through the wall is what made them take over sales. 2 smaller units placed properly will give you more even heat than one big through the wall unit.

My FIL wants one in California and the ventless ones are not legal .I had the choice of vented or ventless when I bought mine in Idaho , but I guess Procom must have stopped making the vented models .

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I put in a vented one a few years ago but the East wind won't let the pilot light stay lit. I know I could get a better cap for it but I'm thinking of just going ventless anyways. It's only for backup heat anyways.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I put in a vented one a few years ago but the East wind won't let the pilot light stay lit. I know I could get a better cap for it but I'm thinking of just going ventless anyways. It's only for backup heat anyways.
Put a 90 and a 18" length of pipe on the stack. That will break the velocity of the wind.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Al at a camp I hunt at is a Empire

DV25.gif

http://www.empirecomfort.com/

northern has one too

174983_lg.jpg

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200362088_200362088

tom

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Al look at a toyo lazer 73 they burn #1 disel jet-a or kerosine they work effeciantly and normaly run 20 years before they need any work and yes they are direct vent

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Pulling two of them out of my daughter's two cabins, installed Toyo stoves to replace them. Her Tanks were the older style and they wouldn't refill them. The LP and Propane just need a orifice change or adjustment depending on the brand you have.

Long way to ship them from Alaska though...

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks Guys .
I like the looks of the Toyo stoves so I'll show them to the FIL and let him decide .

I'm headed up to Tahoe today to see this place he bought and wants me to remodel for him :unsure:. Like I ain't got enough to do already , but it keeps my calendar full and the lake is pretty in the winter .