• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Today was a really good day !!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
FIL buys a new vacation house in Truckee Ca. Incredible views . Turns over a set of keys to us and says use it anytime now that you have sold your place in California . Its a older place but really nice and he is going to do some remodeling . It has a dumbwaiter . He ask me if I would like the lift system ????? I take a look .... :smile::smile::smile::wow::wow:.
Its a 2 ton chain hoist ! Been wanting one for years to make a overhead traveling crane system . I love my FIL :smile::smile::biggrin:

Attachments

• hoist.jpg
    hoist.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 22

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Heck yes! I would have to make a rolling gantry if I had that. I have several manual ones but that thing is the ticket for hanging beef and hogs for butchering. Great for motors and splitting tractors.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Heck yes! I would have to make a rolling gantry if I had that. I have several manual ones but that thing is the ticket for hanging beef and hogs for butchering. Great for motors and splitting tractors.

Thats what I was thinking . A couple of C channels bolted to the walls and a I beam with a tolley and I am in business.
How big of a I beam do I need for 13 feet of clear span ? I was thinking about 8" X 1/2" thick ????

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That should handle that hoist. That is about the size we used for jib hoists in machine shops. You can always bridge the top if it springs too much.