• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tiling a bathroom floor

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
No worries on the thread jacking. I'm going to check out the Allure stuff and see what it looks like. It might be worth trying in this room. If I can find an easier to install flooring that looks good then I'm willing to give it a try.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Have you looked at the "No Glue" vinyl that HD carries? That stuff is a piece of cake to lay down . It could go right over the old stuff too .

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Have you looked at the "No Glue" vinyl that HD carries? That stuff is a piece of cake to lay down . It could go right over the old stuff too .

NO - I have not!?! I'm so out of the loop on all this new flooring stuff!

Thanks Al - I've got some homework to do! :thumb:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
NO - I have not!?! I'm so out of the loop on all this new flooring stuff!

Thanks Al - I've got some homework to do! :thumb:

I just laid it down at two different jobs I needed to do on my home . I hate doing Lino and this was so easy and fast . I did a whole kitchen in about 45 minutes . Looks perfect . If you have lots of angles or the room is out of square just get some 15 pound black felt and some duct tape , lay it down on the old floor and make a template pattern . Then you can take the template and lay it over the new lino to make a exact match and not worry about making any mistakes in cutting too short .

buckle97

SUPER Site Supporter
Have you looked at the "No Glue" vinyl that HD carries?

I'll second Big Al's suggestion. I have put down about 1000 sq feet of no glue vinyl from Lowes and it is great stuff. I used double-sided carpet tape in the door ways and under appliances and I think that will prevent it from wanting to lift up. The underside of the vinyl reminds me of a rubbery drawer liner that doesn't want to move around very easily. Much easier to work with than the regular glue type.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm so out of the loop on all this new flooring stuff!

Me too. I've really enjoyed this thread. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

It's been quite a few years since I've done any flooring but I've done a bunch of it in my time. There's a bunch of new stuff out there, isn't there? They seem to be trying to make it easier for us week-end warriors to do and some it looks very, very good.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Me too. I've really enjoyed this thread. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

It's been quite a few years since I've done any flooring but I've done a bunch of it in my time. There's a bunch of new stuff out there, isn't there? They seem to be trying to make it easier for us week-end warriors to do and some it looks very, very good.

Well with all the building remodel shows on TV now . Everybody wants to try it .HD even has classes to help "the do it yourselfer" learn to do it . It makes more sense to remodel than upgrade to a new house and another mortage payment unless you need more space .

The new products and building tools coming out have made it easier than ever before , to remodel . :smile:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
My brother laid the no-glue lino in two bathrooms, and it came out very nice. The only drawback, IMO, is that it will show the imperfections under the new floor because it's a relatively thin material. It's a great product if the substrate is flat and smooth, whereas the Allure product, due to it's thickness, will not show the imperfections under it. I did a floor where I just stapled some loose tiles to hold them in place, and they did not show through.

Dittos on leaving the paper separator between the Allure sheets in place until the tile is properly positioned. I found that helpful as well.

buckle97

SUPER Site Supporter
The only drawback, IMO, is that it will show the imperfections under the new floor because it's a relatively thin material.

It is thin compared to the Allure, but in comparing glue type and non-glue type vinyl the non-glue is thicker.