• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Got a kilawatt today

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
For you guys with generators you might like to have one. I bought it at HD today and tried it on a neighbors gennie I did some work on. I'd previously set volts with a meter and adjusted RPM to get it set. The kilawatt read 119.9v and 60.1 hz. I think I'll enjoy having this around!! Later I'll check hz on the old Hobart welder to see how close it is. The hz will probably be a little high as I had to up the RPM slightly to get the 70 ocv the data plate says it needs.
Mike

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hell I have 3 of them, 2 portables (6500w & 3000w), which don't get used much anymore, and a 50kW natural gas standby with out transfer.

The 6500w, I bought AFTER hurricane Andrew when we lived in LA. Generators are good to have around!