• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

-13 below 0 and dog playing in the yard

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It was -13 this morning when Misha wanted to go outside to play in the yard.

My Akita, who loves snow and cold weather, was hunkered down out by the fence overlooking the swimming pool. She would live outside all day if we let her do so. She was there too long for my comfort so I called her in. Its about 150' from the spot she claims as her own by the fence, to our kitchen door. She trotted about 1/2 the distance back then stopped. Held up 1 paw in the air. Then another. I think they started to freeze? I ran out to help her in, she started running again and is now on her dog bed warm and comfy.

Akitas are big furry cold weather dogs and she got cold. If you have a "house dog" don't leave it outside if you are in the north half of North America today.

Looks like today's low will be Monday's high. High of -10 below 0 expected here for Monday. Farther north the temps are even colder.

Layer up if you go outside, but remember your pets can't add layers to stay warm so bring them back inside.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's 0 degrees here right now.

My dog went out this morning and didn't care for standing on the slightly snow covered concrete very long. Went into the yard, did her business and returned within a couple minutes wanting back in.

She's now sitting in her bed beside my desk but has been licking her paws/legs. Might have to consider getting some of those dog shoes or whatever they are for days like this.