• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Damn Scammers!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I cannot believe that people would do this in Haiti's time of need . I am talking about people who prey on others to get money in disguise they are spending it to help the relief effort .
My wife and I am trying to get to Haiti ASAP to help when the rebuilding starts . I have received information from a few "So Called" relief gropups that I need to send them a processsing fee to even volunteer . I am already paying my own way and will pay my own cost once I am there !
I have started calling local church groups today in hopes of finding one from our area that can help us get going quicker .
Preying on the poor is not something that I can accept . :sad: I sincerely hope these people are caught and pay the ulimate sacrific for their actions . Shame on them .

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Al it wont be long until through my mail box comes a bogus charity bag asking for clothing...the scum will take the clothes and hand pick the good stuff and sell it at markets.

Just one of many scams for the scum profiteers taking advantage of honest people willing to give and the fact they are happy to use the name of a disaster makes them the lowest scum of all.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
No ! I already have my Passport in order . Its a fee just to accept the application !
Ok.
I thought that in order to enter another country for any length of time, especially for something like this, you had to apply for a Volunteer/Cultural visa.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I saw this first hand after going through Hurricane Andrew. Scammers there though was mostly fake contractors from places unknown. Pretty much what has happened after other disasters here. Some people simply see a means to make money, nothing more.

Bamby

No disrespect for what you're hoping and attempting to do and accomplish for the people of Haiti Al. But maybe some more information and background of what these people have endured for quite some time would be beneficial in understanding and dealing with the folks when you finally make the right arrangements and contacts to achieve you goal.

Check out some of the links here http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=newsHighlights&newsId=20

There is both current and old links concerning what these people have been through, and it's been significant as far as I'm concerned.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
No disrespect for what you're hoping and attempting to do and accomplish for the people of Haiti Al. But maybe some more information and background of what these people have endured for quite some time would be beneficial in understanding and dealing with the folks when you finally make the right arrangements and contacts to achieve you goal.

Check out some of the links here http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=newsHighlights&newsId=20

There is both current and old links concerning what these people have been through, and it's been significant as far as I'm concerned.
Yes i agree , You make a good point .
I have been studing Haiti, its people , past , government etc since i decided to do this .
The last thing I want to do is offend the citizens of Haiti by my ignorance of their customs . I also do not plan to go to Haiti to convert them to my beleifs . I intend to go as a human being helping another in their time of need .

I have seen exactly what you are talking about in Panama by some forigners who have come in and tried to overrun the people and their customs by enforcing their personal beleifs . You lead by example never by power .

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
An example of an inefficient charity....

JANUARY 15--Musician Wyclef Jean's charitable foundation--now the recipient of many donations big and small in the wake of the Haiti earthquake--has repeatedly had its corporate status dissolved for failing to file required state disclosure reports, records show.

As seen below, the Florida Division of Corporations has, on four separate occasions over the past five years, sanctioned the Yele Haiti Foundation (the charity was incorporated in Florida in 1998 as the Wyclef Jean Foundation).

The longest involuntarily dissolution lasted 26 months, ending in November 2008 when Jean's organization provided Florida officials with overdue annual reports disclosing the identities of the group's officers and directors, its registered agent, and office address.

The foundation's most recent dissolution occurred in September 2009, but was vacated a month later when the 37-year-old Jean's group filed its disclosure report.

As TSG reported yesterday, the Jean foundation's records delinquency extended to the filing of its tax returns--and could make a prospective donor question whether the organizationally challenged foundation is a wise choice for disaster relief contributions.

In August 2009, the group filed overdue tax returns for 2005, 2006, and 2007, documents showing that Jean and fellow board member Jerry Duplessis paid themselves at least $410,000 for services provided to the foundation.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Too many charities end up like government agencies. Bloated overhead and damn little delivery of what they promise. That is why I confine my giving to local entities that I know their officers and their work. Hustlers come in many shades and forms and taking advantage of bad situations is as low as can be.:hammer:

Treefriend

Banned
I recommend this book:

400000000000000119336_s4.jpg