• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Advice Please.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Our 3 year old German shep rottie X has had the shits since yesterday....tonight again the shits but some blood in the stool....nothing big but very red(a small amount of blood next to the stool).

she is happy and other wise seems very healthy and normal.....she is due her 3 month worming this week and will be done first thing in the morning.....should i panic or what??

Thanks in advance.

By the way we have separated her from the other dog just in case.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Bag up a sample of the bloody stool and refrigerate it to take along to the vet. Did she get into any bones lately? Do you have any D-con out for mice she may found? Keep her supplied with plenty of water.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
If the blood is red then it is not internal bleeding it is closer to the rectum and usually isn't too big of a deal unless it is really profuse. I had a dog that would have bloody poops and the runs whenever he ran really hard (as in chasing a deer or coyote).

Is she eating and drinking? You can monitor their consumption. If the aren't eating or drinking that is a bigger concern.

But as always, if you can - go see a vet.

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
Give her some rice (cooked) with her food. This will help with any intestinal issues and solidify the stool. If she's due for a check up then you've answered your own question. Bag the stool and cart her furry arse to the doc for a look see.

Galvatron

Thanks Guy's....today is looking much better....very little sign of blood today but still has the shits.

I have been to the vet's and got her worming meds and spoken to the vet and he said like mentioned above watch her eating and drinking habits which to be honest thats all good and she is fine on that side.....any worries pop her down to see him.

On the side of bones or objects she should not have eaten no not that we know of.....but with all the snow i can not dismiss her eating something as on her walks she is a bugger for eating the snow.

she seems real happy and the Rice trick i have done....added a handful to her daily food so i am hoping this helps to.

will update as and when.

Thanks again.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
eating bones or sticks was my first thought, too.
second thought is - has she been spayed?
If not, you may have missed her time in heat and this is the natural followthrough...

good luck!

Galvatron

Thanks Erik....spayed yes she is....good news is the shits are over and she looks 100%...no more blood.

We will keep up the rice in the dogs food....all a mystery and fingers crossed she will not have this happen again.

Jeez we worried for a while.....all good so Happy Days.

Thanks all.