• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Holy Crap ! These Nigeria Scammers are getting good !

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I just recieved this email this morning with the sender showing to be a company in Panama . Yes, I have dealt with these people in Panama . They own a construction supply bussiness . I only know them through email orders ,I have placed with them . They are a actual company in Bocas Del Toro .
These Nigeria scammers have upgraded and gotten better . They actually had me going there for a minute untill I started to realize they had made a big mistake by putting the Nigerian dollar amount for conversion into US Dollars . Somehow they have my email addresses or his . I have to many security systems on my end so I assume he got hacked into .
Long story short is Sister is just fine and happy living in the U.S.
Here the email :

Hello
How are you doing today? Fine I presume. My reason for writing you a emergency
letter is that I am currently in Africa, to visiting my ill Sister, am
sorry i didn't inform you before embarking on my journey to Africa,
The news of her illness arrived to me as an " EMERGENCY " she is
suffering from a critical uterine Fibroid and needs family support to keep her
going, her condition is deteriorating and the doctor said that she will
under-go a surgery to keep her alive because her fibroid has gotten
worse(70pounds Large) and has done a lot of damages to her abdominal area. They
will require a deposit of 3500Dollar that is 400,000 Nigeria naira because they are inviting professional
surgeons from Israel to perform the(hysterectomy) operation because it had
gotten way-out of hand for them to handle. That brings me more to why I have
written you, I need a financial help of 1500dollar which is 250,000 Nigeria naira from you to deposit for her
surgery, and I traveled with little cash because I didn't
expect things to be the way it is right now. I really need this money from
you
soon because I am in a terrible and tight situation here, I have 48hrs to get
the money before the surgeons arrive. Even if you can't afford the whole
sum, I will appreciate whatever you are able to come up with, because I
don't know your financial status before asking you for money. I
promise
to pay you back when I return.
I am desperately waiting to read from you soon
Regards

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

The Tourist

Banned
This is one of the many reasons I use a "spam trap."

While useful for business, every morning I go into my fake hotmail account and delete or re-mark these types of letters as a "phishing scam."

Relief is just a 'click' away. Why rile yourself up over a flim-flam man?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Relief is just a 'click' away. Why rile yourself up over a flim-flam man?

I did not say it riled me up . I said I was surprized it came from one of my suppliers in Panama showing in the "sent from" area .
Its ok, I already responded and told them that I would do what I could ,but my camel needed new recaps and a paint job . Hopefully this guy will want to talk for awhile . I was tempted to give him Sushi's email and tell him he is a rich Muslim and was just waiting to get a address to send U.S. Dollars from the American Pigs .
Is there any good reason why we have not turned this Nigerian area into a sheet of Glass ? High heat and sand makes glass :clap::yum::yum::yum:

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
The US Government has advised the Nigerian Government that they would be withholding any future aid payments unless they cracked down on these scams. The Nigerian Government did nothing. My guess is that they realize that these scams are bringing in more money than the US aid to Nigeria. It is also interesting to note, that the US Government never suspended any aid to Nigeria. Why we continue to even offer financial aid to these third world countries whose politicians are just stealing most of the money and hiding it elsewhere, is something that I can't understand. Charity begins at home, and in these difficult financial times, I don't believe that our government should be giving financial aid to any countries. As long as we continue to give financial aid, these third world nations will never improve the citizens living conditions. It is these very conditions that we attempt to alleviate, that they continue just to continue to get aid.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Is there any good reason why we have not turned this Nigerian area into a sheet of Glass ? High heat and sand makes glass :clap::yum::yum::yum:

Only the northern part is sandy, the southern part is jungle & swamp but after spending 2 years going in and out of the place in the 90's, feel free to bomb any part you want.

Oh, the reason we don't bomb it .... OIL. Besides, blowing the ever loving sh** out of it would be classified as "civic improvements".

D

darroll

The US Government has advised the Nigerian Government that they would be withholding any future aid payments unless they cracked down on these scams. The Nigerian Government did nothing. My guess is that they realize that these scams are bringing in more money than the US aid to Nigeria. It is also interesting to note, that the US Government never suspended any aid to Nigeria. Why we continue to even offer financial aid to these third world countries whose politicians are just stealing most of the money and hiding it elsewhere, is something that I can't understand. Charity begins at home, and in these difficult financial times, I don't believe that our government should be giving financial aid to any countries. As long as we continue to give financial aid, these third world nations will never improve the citizens living conditions. It is these very conditions that we attempt to alleviate, that they continue just to continue to get aid.
Junk,
We (US) now have to buy our friends..
Would they help us?
Think NOT.