• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Obama's Multi-million Dollar Pitch

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Obama's multi-million dollar ad this evening.

Thoughts?

Barack Obama plans to spell out in "specific detail" Wednesday night how he'll lift up the economy and middle class if elected president, in a 30-minute commercial set to air on three major networks, as well as smaller outlets.

Coming just six days before Election Day, the purchase is one of the largest ad buys in election history. It will saturate the airwaves at 8 p.m. ET.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtREqAmLsoA"]YouTube - American Stories, American Solutions[/ame]

American Woman

Site Supporter
Wow.....Now I'm depressed....According to him America is in trouble :shock:
And he's right. The depressing part is that none of the clowns we have to choose from can do what we need done.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I changed the channel and watched the PBS special on the Lincoln Highway.
I wonder what kind of ratings it got? I didn't watch it.
Did anyone on here watch?
Barrack, that money could have been better spent giving it to those unfortunates on welfare. :poke:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Barrack, that money could have been better spent giving it to those unfortunates on welfare. :poke:

Why are you poking him, it is the truth. I watched it. He sure gave a lot of promises to everyone. Funny thing is I still don't know where he is going to get all that money to do what he wants.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
It was a 30 minute commercial. Flick to the next channel. We ended up watching a Boston Legal re-run (more entertaining).

American Woman

Site Supporter
I didn't watch it except for here. First he comes out with the middle class "white lady" and her problems then the middle class white family, then the older retired black couple with their problems. Keep in mind the older black couple were hard working people who EARNED their living and retirement pension. All 3 of the family's he featured could use some help, but for some reason or another I don't think they will fit the criteria after filling out the paperwork for his help. With the money he spent on those commercials he could bailed them and then some left over for the rest of their lives. But instead he sits there with a sympathetic ear making promises. I didn't see a struggling Mexican family....maybe because they are already being bailed out:glare: And I didn't see any Asian family's struggling
either....maybe because they aren't used to welfare, and come here with educations ready to work for a living.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081030/ap_on_el_ge/fact_check_obama_ad

WASHINGTON – Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama was less than upfront in his half-hour commercial Wednesday night about the costs of his programs and the crushing budget pressures he would face in office.
Obama's assertion that "I've offered spending cuts above and beyond" the expense of his promises is accepted only by his partisans. His vow to save money by "eliminating programs that don't work" masks his failure throughout the campaign to specify what those programs are — beyond the withdrawal of troops from Iraq.
A sampling of what voters heard in the ad, and what he didn't tell them:

THE SPIN: "That's why my health care plan includes improving information technology, requires coverage for preventive care and pre-existing conditions and lowers health care costs for the typical family by $2,500 a year."
THE FACTS: His plan does not lower premiums by $2,500, or any set amount. Obama hopes that by spending $50 billion over five years on electronic medical records and by improving access to proven disease management programs, among other steps, consumers will end up saving money. He uses an optimistic analysis to suggest cost reductions in national health care spending could amount to the equivalent of $2,500 for a family of four. Many economists are skeptical those savings can be achieved, but even if they are, it's not a certainty that every dollar would be passed on to consumers in the form of lower premiums.
___
THE SPIN: "I also believe every American has a right to affordable health care."
THE FACTS: That belief should not be confused with a guarantee of health coverage for all. He makes no such promise. Obama hinted as much in the ad when he said about the problem of the uninsured: "I want to start doing something about it." He would mandate coverage for children but not adults. His program is aimed at making insurance more affordable by offering the choice of government-subsidized coverage similar to that in a plan for federal employees and other steps, including requiring larger employers to share costs of insuring workers.
___
THE SPIN: "I've offered spending cuts above and beyond their cost."
THE FACTS: Independent analysts say both Obama and Republican John McCain would deepen the deficit. The nonpartisan Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget estimates Obama's policy proposals would add a net $428 billion to the deficit over four years — and that analysis accepts the savings he claims from spending cuts. The nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, whose other findings have been quoted approvingly by the Obama campaign, says: "Both John McCain and Barack Obama have proposed tax plans that would substantially increase the national debt over the next 10 years." The analysis goes on to say: "Neither candidate's plan would significantly increase economic growth unless offset by spending cuts or tax increases that the campaigns have not specified."
___
THE SPIN: "Here's what I'll do. Cut taxes for every working family making less than $200,000 a year. Give businesses a tax credit for every new employee that they hire right here in the U.S. over the next two years and eliminate tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas. Help homeowners who are making a good faith effort to pay their mortgages, by freezing foreclosures for 90 days. And just like after 9-11, we'll provide low-cost loans to help small businesses pay their workers and keep their doors open. "
THE FACTS: His proposals — the tax cuts, the low-cost loans, the $15 billion a year he promises for alternative energy, and more — cost money, and the country could be facing a record $1 trillion deficit next year. Indeed, Obama recently acknowledged — although not in his commercial — that: "The next president will have to scale back his agenda and some of his proposals."

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter

dont worry he will do this with those that are rich............he is not going to do that with his money...............and no I dont believe one last letter of anything that dud says