• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

advice!!!

kitty

my dog is driving me nuts! she barks ALL the time so does my other dog every lil thing they bark here are things ive tried: a shock colllar spray them with water put them in kennel shake a newspaper at them!!! nothing works they still keep barking and barking! any advice?????????

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
my dog is driving me nuts! she barks ALL the time so does my other dog every lil thing they bark here are things ive tried: a shock colllar spray them with water put them in kennel shake a newspaper at them!!! nothing works they still keep barking and barking! any advice?????????
Empty Coke or Pepsi can. 4 pennies inside. Tape the hole shut.
Shake the hell out of it.
Works good for almost anything.
Cheap and effective.
Don't forget to give them lots of lovin' when they respond appropriately.
Good girl, good boy, then a hug and a treat.
Wash, rinse, repeat (as necessary).
Hissing works too, however.. some dogs think that's an alert from the master, so the barking begins again.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've seen a collar that has a dohicky that sprays an unpleasant odor in the dogs face every time they bark. It works great. Best part is it works when you are not around to shake the can or shock them etc.
Works for most dogs not all. I found one on Amazon for 33 bucks.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Premier-Spray-Sense-Anti-Collar/dp/B0002D31QU"]Amazon.com: Premier Spray Sense Anti Bark Collar: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Did you try a shock-collar that you activate or a bark-collar that shocks them automatically when they bark?

kitty

Did you try a shock-collar that you activate or a bark-collar that shocks them automatically when they bark?
yes but batteries run down so easy!! and she still barks wakes up my lil guy she will see me come home and she'll bark for 15min after i get in the house i give her attention and she still barks!

cj7

Make sure that if you use treats that you praise them for not barking rather than barking.

What kind of dogs are they? Age?

Did this just start ?

I assume that you would tell the dogs NO when you sprayed them or shook paper etc?

Do the dogs have the same behavoir if they are separated when come home?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I feel your pain. I've got a larger dog and I've only heard him bark twice since we got him. My neighbour however, recently picked up one of them little ankle biters and all that thing does is bark all day long. It's driving me crazy. I like my neighbor but I'm seriously considering using his dog as target practice for my kid's pellet gun. That'll shut that little yappy mutt up. I've got no real use for small dogs that bark all day long.

kitty

Make sure that if you use treats that you praise them for not barking rather than barking.

What kind of dogs are they? Age?

Did this just start ?

I assume that you would tell the dogs NO when you sprayed them or shook paper etc?

Do the dogs have the same behavoir if they are separated when come home?
12 and 8 american eskimo and eskimo poodle no they bark like this ALL the time im thinkin about giving my white dog to someone else she keeps pissing on my floor and is let out way too much and theres nothing wron with her the vet checked her out bf.my husband JUST cleaned our carpet and she was outside she did her thing came in and pissed on the floor!!!!!!