• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Imp fuel tank relocation

Thebartman

Why do so many Imps have the fuel tank relocated to the bed.
Is there a problem with the stock location?
Thinking about moving it back or doing a fuel tank/tool box combo.

Attachments

• IMG_1650.jpg
    IMG_1650.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_1649.jpg
    IMG_1649.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 201

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Im at a loss for how the tank gets down in the bowels of the machine. I have a Two stock Imps that came to me with no evidence of the tanks having been down there.

I acquired a tank that resembles that one, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to get it down in there. I like the idea of that location, my only wonder is the condensation possibility

Thebartman

I'm going to see what it takes. My Imp has holes patched where the filler hose went through the cab. That must mean there was a tank down there once. I'd like to put it in backwards so the fuel filler is located on the bed (maybe under a hatch), or through a toolbox.
That brings up another issue, My exhaust runs through the "tunnel" and out the rear now. Seems kinda unsafe. I'm leaning towards an exhaust stack up the back of the cab. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 158