• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

RAIN glorious RAIN

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The weather here in northwest Indiana has been pretty dry for the past 2 months, plants are dying, grass turned brown, generally ugly, especially with the added bonus of the temperatures being warm.

Finally got a good thunderboomer last night. Added at least an inch and a half to the pool level. Stopped early this morning, but since about 11:30 am we've been having light steady and MUCH NEEDED rain.

:clap:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I know the real farmers all around me are thankful for this. Looks like today the line of rain stayed mostly north of the Kankakee river. I'm only a few miles north of the Kankakee and its now sunny here, but I just drove in from the north part of the county and they are still getting a nice soaking. Looks like I'm right about the cut off line for south end of the rain.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We had a lot of storms just miss to our south. Then the last cell turned north and rained like hell for about 15 minutes. We need it bad also. My pasture was just getting real bad after this past hot breezy week.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll be damned, we recieved about 1/2" last night. Little too late for most of the crops. Still will do some crops lots of good though. Hope we get some more

Regards, Kirk

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll be damned, we recieved about 1/2" last night. Little too late for most of the crops. Still will do some crops lots of good though. Hope we get some more

Regards, Kirk

Hey, no more mooning from me, we actually got almost 3/4" of rain in a quick storm last night. I don't have crops to worry about like you; I just didn't want to have to water my lawn.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well the key to getting some rain appears to be a back hoe.

excavate about ten or so feet down along the east wall of your house and then go away for five days.

2.5 ish inches of rain put a foot of the spoil pile back in the hole and got the sump pump a good work out as it pumped it out the side of the house, gravity put it right back in the trench. repeat.

Soo if it is dry in your area put the top down on your convertible and leave it out. that should get you some rain. an exposed basement wall was too strong of a rain dance.

absolutley dynamite weather today in the 54912 hot and humid AM. rainy mid day, cool and no humidity now. gentle breezes all day. almost had all four seasons today.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We got a little more rain last night. I heard the drops hitting the roof. Sidewalks are dry this morning, so it wasn't a downpour. Just a nice steady rain.

My nose is telling me it knocked some of the ragweed pollen out of the air.

The grass is actually greening up again. Guess I'll have to send my sister in law out to mow it.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Hell , We been gettin a shower every night and early mornin. Looks like it might really get with it to night . Lots of thunder clouds over on the main land .

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like Kirk will get some much needed rain today. Lots of it.

Just in time for the harvest of what little crop came out of last August's heat.

Heavy Spring rains delayed planting
Summer heat and drought reduced yields
Fall rain get the combines stuck in the muck
And the grain willl need to be dried

You guys in Iowa just cannot catch a break this year.

Suni

We have also been getting rain on a daily basis.. mostly in the afternoon. The sky will get real dark, then it will rain REAL hard for about 15 minutes, then it is gone.