• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Random thoughts

Deadly.Sushi

OK... ok ok.... there is a woman on TikTok. She goes by @susi.vidal
She is soooo sweet and so nice and intelligent and creative... she took my freakin heart away. Can one REALLY be in love with someone you've never met? Im having a PEPSI and rum (fuck Coke) and I keep thinking about her. I guess Im just lonely and this is a "safe" romance on MY side. Im single. Im over 38. If I had a fever dream she would be in it. Alas I understand she is in Arizona and Im 6 states away not to mention Im not in her 23 age range anymore.
Im lonely. There are no available women around me. Ill drink some booze, and hug a pillow later. Standard night. :(

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
OK... ok ok.... there is a woman on TikTok. She goes by @susi.vidal
She is soooo sweet and so nice and intelligent and creative... she took my freakin heart away. Can one REALLY be in love with someone you've never met? Im having a PEPSI and rum (fuck Coke) and I keep thinking about her. I guess Im just lonely and this is a "safe" romance on MY side. Im single. Im over 38. If I had a fever dream she would be in it. Alas I understand she is in Arizona and Im 6 states away not to mention Im not in her 23 age range anymore.
Im lonely. There are no available women around me. Ill drink some booze, and hug a pillow later. Standard night. :(
My $.02, get a dog. A lot more enjoyment with a lot less trouble.

stevenkingg99

I'm thinking to write a novel. There is a thought going in my mind since few last days but it is just a story and not a full fledge plot. Just thinking how to make it in a 2000 words of book.

Help me!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm thinking to write a novel. There is a thought going in my mind since few last days but it is just a story and not a full fledge plot. Just thinking how to make it in a 2000 words of book.

Help me!
I can relate. I had a thought going through my mind the other day. Really interesting, but random, things. However, it turned out to be just some Scotch.

Ceee

Site Supporter

Help me!
You're going to have to tell us about this "thought going in my mind" before anybody can even begin to make suggestions.

Are you thinking about doing a kind of copycat Stephen King novel?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Help me!
2,000 words isn't much of a novel.

Wouldn't that technically qualify as a Novelette?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
FB_IMG_1632490181378.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
At 74 I'm supposed to be retired and doing all the things I couldn't do whilst I was working.
Building a ranch in the wilderness, Waterskiing, Mountain climbing.

I'm retired and still cannot do the things I wanted to do when I was working.

What's with that?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Crazy thought this morning. I was remembering my teen years when I always carried a rubber in my wallet.
25 cents at the gas station.

We all did.

Over ten years,,, Never used it

My grandson is approaching 16. So I asked what he carried for protection.

"Facemask!"

Times have changed.

PGBC

Random: Why are people so mean now???

People are tired, frustrated, scared, and angry.

Blame the governments, they are doing this intentionally to break us.
Warped mind games, division, lies, deceit, and making us hate each other.

We will soon be so communist, China will seem like a freedom center.
Look at Australia already.
All i have to do is look at the province I'm in.
It was a great place to live about 10 years ago. It has been declining slowly ever since, but since march 2020, it has gone straight to hell, in the express lane, at full speed.

PGBC

1. Who started this forum, and for what reason?

2. Was it meant to have a theme, or be completely random, like it appears to be?

3. Why is it so hard to choose equipment to buy?

4. Has anyone here ever wondered what their dreams mean?

5. Is there anything more difficult in life than losing a child?

6. When will I ever just go and do the things that I really want to?

7. Why am i scared to just try doing them? It doesn't really matter if I don't do great at them, at least I will then have tried, and know I'm not good at it.

8. Why do exes break up with good guys to begin with? But then the really confusing part is that they almost all seem to get hold of the guy years later, and ask him out...why? That is the guy you dumped way back when...so why do you want to try rekindling things now?

9. Why are tesla cars so damn ugly? Why do they fall so short of their claimed performance?

10. Why do so many businesses have such incredibly bad customer service?

11. People that hated me in school, for no reason, now want to talk, and ' catch up on old times ' for some reason. If you hated me 25 years ago for no reason at all, what makes you want to be all buddy buddy now, you still don't know anything about me, and should I feel like reminiscing about the last 25 years with them? Because I don't.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
1. Who started this forum, and for what reason?

2. Was it meant to have a theme, or be completely random, like it appears to be?
Doc started the forum.
No particular theme. Meant to talk about anything at all.

J.J. McDaniels

If you hated me 25 years ago for no reason at all, what makes you want to be all buddy buddy now, you still don't know anything about me, and should I feel like reminiscing about the last 25 years with them?
It may just be a sign of maturity on their part as what happened then is there - in the past. I know we’re hardwired for whatever reason to hold onto some of the negative aspects in life, but we’d just be far better off if we can let that part go and move forward, ya know? Just sayin’.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
In 1993, the wife and I took a vacation to the Windward islands in the South Carribean. It was ten days on a 53 foot sailboat we chartered. And three days on Barbados.

THAT is the last vacation we ever took.

We treat ourselves to an extra fun day when we travel on business. Close as we get to a "vacation."

Running a small business takes time, effort and sacrifice. It never seems to get easier.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
In 1993, the wife and I took a vacation to the Windward islands in the South Carribean. It was ten days on a 53 foot sailboat we chartered. And three days on Barbados.

THAT is the last vacation we ever took.

We treat ourselves to an extra fun day when we travel on business. Close as we get to a "vacation."

Running a small business takes time, effort and sacrifice. It never seems to get easier.
Amen to that, somehow when I was down with Covid for a month, I got 3 months behind.

PGBC

Had my drone out yesterday briefly, and buzzed around the neighborhood.
Neighbor lady stopped by a bit ago, asked if I would fly around her place taking some photos of it for her.
Told her to go buy a high speed writing micro sd card for me to use, and be glad to. Surprised how many people want drone shots/videos.

J.J. McDaniels

Gorgeous day out today and it will be over the course of the next several days with highs in the upper 60's to low 70's. Lows will settle in the upper 40's with abundant sunshine. Perhaps if things go well the rest of the week, I can go for a walk on Friday or get out for a little while.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I
Gorgeous day out today and it will be over the course of the next several days with highs in the upper 60's to low 70's. Lows will settle in the upper 40's with abundant sunshine. Perhaps if things go well the rest of the week, I can go for a walk on Friday or get out for a little while.
I would suggest your plans for the day belong in the "What I am doing today thread."

I think this thread is supposed an outlet for those brain hiccups we often get.

Ya know like "Black Ice. Is it racist?"