• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I need a favor, please

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would appreciate if you would sign this petition. If you don't know, I happen to be a high school Saber Fencing coach.

I have students who fence in both school conference and USFA events. If this proposed rule goes into effect my kids will be competing under 2 different sets of rules, making a training nightmare.

Even fencing clubs oppose this rule change. You do NOT have to be a fencer to sign the petition! Please do me, and my students, a big favor and sign the petition. You will find it at the link below.

https://www.change.org/p/usa-fencing-change-the-russian-back-foot-on-the-line-rule-for-usa-fencing

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks all, we are over 350 now. Still a long way to go but I appreciate your help.

But this rule is so dumb it must have been conceived by a drunken baby.

Attachments

• 13221058_1215038175187874_5949716238892634429_n.jpg
    13221058_1215038175187874_5949716238892634429_n.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 186

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Up to 365.

If anyone else can sign the petition it would be a big help.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just hit 371 signatures.

I know the kids on the team will thank all of your for your support on this. Hard to describe to someone who doesn't fully understand the sport, but the new rule will make it nearly impossible to learn & adapt to your opponent. For younger fencers this is a critical skill to learn.

If we can kill the adoption of this rule, and it is seriously possible we can, then the sport will be better off.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Done!!!!

I only signed once as I used up all my multiple votes today at the local election to help get a friend elected Sheriff. He made it by 28 votes.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
395 now.

Picked up 12 signatures in less than 2 hours!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Over 400 now :festive:

If you have not already signed, please help out the kids and take 2 minutes to sign.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like we stalled out at 415 signatures. Has been at 415 for almost 4 hours.

I really do appreciate every signature so far but the kids & I could use more.

So to recap, I am a high school Saber Fencing coach. I have students who fence in both school conference and USFA events. A new proposed rule may go into effect which will have my kids competing under 2 different sets of rules, making a training nightmare. Even fencing clubs oppose this rule change. You do NOT have to be a fencer to sign the petition! One set of rules will be for the high school conference. Another set of rules will be for USFA events. Worse yet, the new rule is scheduled to kick in at the MIDDLE OF THE SEASON.

Please do me, and my students, a big favor and sign the petition. You will find it at the link >>> https://www.change.org/p/usa-fencing-change-the-russian-back-foot-on-the-line-rule-for-usa-fencing

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We are now at 427 on the petition.

If anyone else can share the petition on their Facebook and ask their friends/family/pets to sign it I would greatly appreciate it.

Or if you can spam it to all your co-workers and pester them until they submit and sign, that would be good too.

Of if you haven't signed it yet and could do that, that works too!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter