• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Allergy Relief

awakevaulting

Help, please! I have this skin allergy for almost a year now. It's like on and off...lol. It triggers whenever I eat too much chicken and seafood or instant food like cup noodles or can goods. 2 days ago, I ate buttered shrimp coz I was craving for it. I'm 3 mos. pregnant so this is the period that you crave most, right? lol. Now rashes are coming out of my legs and deym...they're really itchy! My OB is out of town and will be back after 2 weeks. :shifty: So what's the safest medicine I can buy w/o prescription? I wish my doctor has this Electronic Prescription thing. I actually don't know about it til I found it here in Wikipedia. I feel like suggesting it to my her since she is always out for seminars and most of the time has emergency cases in the hospital. I think it would be convenient for both patient and doctor. No need to rush to the clinic if you need get prescription.What do you think of it?

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Try Aspercreme for the rash or try mixing baking soda and water into a paste and rub it on the itchy spots.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Many skin allergies can be treated internally by taking Benadryl (or its generic equivalent).

Often going to the local pharmacy and asking a pharmacist will get you good advice.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Lay off the chicken and seafood....if something irritates that much it just is not worth it,but in all honesty i would speak to your doctor as self prescribing is not a good idea.

Leni

I also have allergies. Galvatron is right. For one thing a mild allergy can turn deadly the next time you are exposed to the allergen. It is not good for your baby either. Your doctor should have someone to cover for her while she is away. In the meantime a pharmacist would be a good person to consult.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Your doctor should have someone to cover for her while she is away.
Agreed.

Call her office. Most likely, you'll get a message with an option to talk to someone (it'll be a phone service representative).

Once you have that person on the phone, let them know you have an issue and you would like to talk with a physician that's doing the coverage. They'll take your name and phone #.

That MD should call you back and, talk to you about your condition. The MD will then give you instructions. If they're going to prescribe you something, have the name and phone # of the pharmacy you use ready. They'll then call in the script to that pharmacy.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i would avoid those items. i crave food that i cannot have; it's none too great, tho is better for me, myself, anyhow, to simply not have them.

I know how it is to depend so much on your doctor especially when it comes to prescriptions, my doctor allows electronic prescribing so for emergency cases (not serious cases though) he would send it directly to the pharmacy he's affiliated with.

awakevaulting

I know how it is to depend so much on your doctor especially when it comes to prescriptions, my doctor allows electronic prescribing so for emergency cases (not serious cases though) he would send it directly to the pharmacy he's affiliated with.

Hey Dolores, thanks for relating with what I was going through. I really want to stop eating anything with chicken and seafood on it but can't -- I'm craving while I'm pregnant. It's been 5 months since I raised my issue through this forum and I did muster up the courage to ask my doctor about Electronic Prescribing and thankfully, she does use it! Now I don't have to worry about getting allergies while eating the food I like :smile:

You guys may also want to check it out!