• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

i cannot snooze~

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
half of it's that humidity.

that other half would be me/stress, i suppose, & my fretful nature, plus my kitties jumping onto me @ 4:00am, & that i'm often in a state of hypervigilance. i lay, calm & drowsy. 'till i remember my dishes aren't clean, yet. 1 of 400 of them. so i wash a pan.
i return to near-snooze, a sedative or 2 later, then, i toss & turn. then i hafta look into my tub situation-- seeing as to how i now hafta check into that, to see if i took its drain is in order. i already knew that was. then i hafta see if my cell's ring-tone is on, loudly enough. not toooooo loud, tho. then i look @ my other phone, to see that its ring-tone is not on, so as to avoid others calling me.
then i fret if tig & bab have enough treats & 'at. so i look & see.
i see why i imbibe so often.

Last edited:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

that other half would be me/stress, i suppose, & my fretful nature, plus my kitties jumping onto me @ 4:00am, & that i'm often in a state of hypervigilance. i lay, calm & drowsy. 'till i remember my dishes aren't clean, yet. 1 of 400 of them. so i wash a pan.
i return to near-snooze, a sedative or 2 later, then, i toss & turn. then i hafta look into my tub situation-- seeing as to how i now hafta check into that, to see if i took its drain is in order. i already knew that was. then i hafta see if my cell's ring-tone is on, loudly enough. not toooooo loud, tho. then i look @ my other phone, to see that its ring-tone is not on, so as to avoid others calling me.

Just a suggestion, Turn off the phones and close the bedroom door, to keep the cats out of your bedroom...

Gotta help one's self some times. Phone calls/texts can wait, and so can the cats. Now get some sleep already.:smile:

Regards, Kirk

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter

The $64 question still remains to be answered... Is the reason you imbibe so often because of the stress, or is the stress because you imbibe so often? None of this will go away until you determine you want to change your lifestyle, and reach out for professional help. To speak to you in platitudes only enables you to continue down this path to destruction with booze & pills. Wake up before it's too late. You're destroying yourself when you don't need to.

Now for the "picking on the little girl" bashing to begin.

Kane

The $64 question still remains to be answered... Is the reason you imbibe so often because of the stress, or is the stress because you imbibe so often? None of this will go away until you determine you want to change your lifestyle, and reach out for professional help. To speak to you in platitudes only enables you to continue down this path to destruction with booze & pills. Wake up before it's too late. You're destroying yourself when you don't need to.

No bashing here. Using booze and sedatives as an escape leads to a very bad place. A permanent nap.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I hear you, Aubrey. Humidity kills me too.

I'll echo what Kirk said here, shut everything else out that distracts you from sleep.
You cannot function properly without adequate amounts, you know that.

Worrying about kitties, dishes, cleaning and what peeps are texting you is no good excuse for tipping the bottle- you enjoy it. Simple.

Work on being hyperflexible more often and learn to love luvs as she should be.
There is only one shot in this life.
Value yours, please.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I lost two friends who went down that pill and alcohol road....DON'T DO IT! Together they are very toxic. You have to decide for yourself not to continue down this path!

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter

I've seen first hand what drugs and booze can do to a person, and when I see stuff like this I know what they are looking for, sympathy. Well, if you want sympathy you can find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i snooze on 1 of my living room's couches. my actual room is used as a closet fer my wardrobe-- my other living room is for further storage space.

i hafta keep my cell on-- my nurses call to say they'll be here in a few, so i hafta keep that nearby.

&, sir liberty, u simply don't know me well enough. if booze got u attention, most of pgh would be set fer life.

zeke, i'm well aware of that.

kane, i know well when to take medicine & when not to. i'll take my snooze meds-- & i limit amounts a great deal; boozing is fer other nights.

if i were ISO pity, i would call my Mom(my). i'm ISO a nap. that i have yet to get. i figure i'll wait until tonite, then be sleepy.

my guy, my nurses, my kitties, & noise, including construction nearby, plus urban noise & my way of being contribute. insomnia is there fer many.

lollie, TY. u know how to speak to ppl. luv ya.

joe, i happen to luv my booze. no shame in that. i live in a place where if u have not drank in a night, you're boring to us. hence my generally not taking my snooze meds in sufficient amounts.

Last edited:

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
i snooze on 1 of my living room's couches. my actual room is used as a closet fer my wardrobe-- my other living room is for further storage space.

i hafta keep my cell on-- my nurses call to say they'll be here in a few, so i hafta keep that nearby.

&, sir liberty, u simply don't know me well enough. if booze got u attention, most of pgh would be set fer life.

zeke, i'm well aware of that.

kane, i know well when to take medicine & when not to. i'll take my snooze meds-- & i limit amounts a great deal; boozing is fer other nights.

if i were ISO pity, i would call my Mom(my). i'm ISO a nap. that i have yet to get. i figure i'll wait until tonite, then be sleepy.

my guy, my nurses, my kitties, & noise, including construction nearby, plus urban noise & my way of being contribute. insomnia is there fer many.

lollie, TY. u know how to speak to ppl. luv ya.

joe, i happen to luv my booze. no shame in that. i live in a place where if u have not drank in a night, you're boring to us. hence my generally not taking my snooze meds in sufficient amounts.

I have known to many people exactly like you, and if you think drinking nightly and popping pills make your life worthwhile, then there is no hope for you.

I have also seen the many health problems people like you have, and you end up costing the taxpayers who end up having to pay for your healthcare when you can no longer care for yourself.

I pity you and your friends who think non drinkers or those who don't imbibe on a daily basis boring. If you think I don't know you well enough, think again, your kind has been around for a long time and have ruined many life's, including their own.

Kane

No need to rationalize it to me, but how can you say it will be a pill nite tonite ... if tonite, like every nite (or risk being labeled boring) must also be a booze nite?

Color me confused.

Color me concerned.

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
All, please be civil at all times. I know tough love is tough, but we insist on civility.

Aubrey;
This thread is an example of tough love. If you were one of our kids, that is much what we'd say to you. It is meant to help you, not hurt. But you need the details, the life experiences of others. While we only know you via FF posts and pics we do mean well. There is no easy or nice way to say what the other posters in this thread saidl. I do believe they are right on. Be careful young lady. Take care of yourself. My 25 y/o nephew OD'd yesterday. Heroin. A scary scary drug. He's so smart, 4 year degree in mathmatics but he played drums in a band and was introduced to the big H. Now he is in ICU in a hospital with heart, liver and kidney issues. Plus he has numbness in his leg. He was on the road to recovery, but he's been there for the past few years.

If I had to rate addictions I would put Heroin above Alcohol but not far. Alcohol is much the same. It will rule your life and ruin it in the long run. Some can handle only drinking once or twice a month or even twice a week. But every night is to much. You know that. We know that. We all mean well. You are the only one who can take control of your life and make the change. All we can do is offer up life experiences and hope they help you in some way.

edit to add:
I meant to add this before but got sidetracked ....
from webmd ... http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/news/20130118/alcohol-sleep
Alcohol and a Good Night's Sleep Don't Mix

A new review of 27 studies shows that alcohol does not improve sleep quality. According to the findings, alcohol does allow healthy people to fall asleep quicker and sleep more deeply for a while, but it reduces rapid eye movement (REM) sleep.

And the more you drink before bed, the more pronounced these effects. REM sleep happens about 90 minutes after we fall asleep. It's the stage of sleep when people dream, and it's thought to be restorative. Disruptions in REM sleep may cause daytime drowsiness, poor concentration, and rob you of needed ZZZs.

“Alcohol may seem to be helping you to sleep, as it helps induce sleep, but overall it is more disruptive to sleep, particularly in the second half of the night,” says researcher Irshaad Ebrahim. He is the medical director at The London Sleep Centre in the U.K. “Alcohol also suppresses breathing and can precipitate sleep apnea,” or pauses in breathing that happen throughout the night.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
concern appreciated.
doc, Prayers to him, & may he get well.

i'll inhibit my speech from here, on.

if yinz think i luv insomnia, guys~ i don't. i despise insomnia. i'm used to a lack of snooze- near 20 years of so few hours snooze i was made to take meds & be home-schooled. i taught mysef, though, & was not so into having someone tutor me.

doc, i'm so sorry for your loss. that is very sad.

point being-- i take meds when i have not taken a sip.
i simply cannot snooze, some nights.
i imbibe so as to sedate myself. & i snooze well, & have REM snooze, as well. so, apparently, i'm significantly sedate, if i achieve REM, so they say.

when u damn-near die, a new perspective is placed on you-- live life while you can.

& so, i live my life.