• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's the best cell phone?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Okay, now that we've compared the palm to the blackberry. What's the best cellphone? Is it a palm, blackberry, iphone, or other brand? I'm due for a new phone this spring and want to know what you guys like/dislike about your phone...whatever brand it may be.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
None of them. I think they all suck but the basic Mortarola phones suck the least. And I don't think any of the service providers are any good either. Some are good in some spots, others good in other spots. None are good everywhere.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
None of them. I think they all suck but the basic Mortarola phones suck the least. And I don't think any of the service providers are any good either. Some are good in some spots, others good in other spots. None are good everywhere.

I don't know if I agree on the Motorola's Bob. We had a few of the Razors and had nothing but problems. Reception stunk, battery problems, dropped calls. Not sure I would ever get another Motorola except for the new Droid that is out.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not so concerned with the service provider since we're stuck with Tbaytel up here for now. Service was pretty close to being two paper cups with a string between when they first put service in our area. They've come a ways in their service the past few years but still have a way to go to provide decent coverage where I live(me:poke:norscaner):whistling:

I'm more concerned with having a good reliable phone with good reception and a longer battery life.

working woman

Site Supporter
So who gets consumer reports?
I would like to know as well, my Razor is over 3 yrs old and about ready to break in two.
I know a couple people who have the lg neon and have had to have their phone replaced 4 times already.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know if I agree on the Motorola's Bob. We had a few of the Razors and had nothing but problems. Reception stunk, battery problems, dropped calls. Not sure I would ever get another Motorola except for the new Droid that is out.

The Motorolas that we had good luck with were NOT the fancy/slick looking flips like the Razor but rather were the rubber armored plain black basic phones. Those things had GREAT reception, long battery life, but didn't have any of style of Paris Hilton or the useless add-ons to make them emulate a Swiss-Army knife.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Had an Iphone for about a year now and really like it. Can do just about anything with it, have a gps program, weather and a host of other things that most other phones don't have.. They all are trying to reach the same level and the Iphones are the ones that everyone tries to match...

garygaboury

I held out with my old $50 phone for a long time. Last week I picked up my Iphone. It's only been a week and I can't understand how I ever lived without it.

Today I went to Vancouver for work. My iphone found me the website and then the contact number for a company I was looking for that didn't have a sign, or address on the building. I then searched and found somewhere to buy upholstery staples (hard to find) including directions in less than a minute. Finally when I lost the keys to the truck I was in it showed me all the GMC dealers in the city, I picked the close one and gave them a call. On top of that it found me a taxi.

Everything I hope the phone will do it does, on top of that it does it well and everyday I find more cool things to play with. I have nothing negative to say about this phone.

Gary

WVBill

I've got to agree with the iPhone vote. I've had mine for about 6 months now and really like it. I work in the Washington DC metro area but live out in West Virginia - iPhone gets great reception in places along the route that I used to call "the dead zones" with my Samsung. I don't need a GPS for my car now - the GPS Nav Apps available for the iPhone work great. IPhone worked great for killing time on a cross country airline flight I had recently. Games and videos loaded before the flight worked great with phone in it's "Airplane" mode.

I got a refurbished IPhone 3G w/8GB memory when they were on sale for $50 last Spring. It was a great deal.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
iphone. I had the original, got it two years ago, then last summer I upgraded to the 3Gs. I'm hooked. I bought it because i was in the market for an Ipod & a phone. The iphone does both, plus so much more.

Other pluses: No moving parts, durable, okay battery life, thousands of free apps. I don't have to watch my local weather anymore. You know how they always drag out the weather until they get to the forecast, with the iphone I can punch up the weather and have a 13 day forecast in seconds. Very handy. There are a few weather apps but I use Accuweather - it's a freebie :D. Boxed in is a fun free game. So is 'Fling". College Football is another freebie that will tell me the scheduled games of any college team and the outcome of games already played. Plus it will show the current standings. Paper Toss is another freebie time waster. I have 15 on the hard level. :D Can anyone beat that?

Of course it has the notepad for notes, and a calendar for your schedule and a calculator, camera, email, text messaging and more right out of the box.

The main down side is the cost of the data plan. Once you get past that the flexibility of the iphone will keep you smiling.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Do you want a phone or a multi-media experience?

If you want just want a phone, the Casio G'zOne is a great phone.
http://www.casiogzone.com/rock/default_cp.html

AFAIK, it's the one issued for the military. It doesn't come with all the apps other phones come with (but does have a few). It's just a damn tough phone. They can handle being dropped, put underwater, vibrated, frozen... It does have a camera which also allows you to turn on the light and use it as a flashlight. I think the new ones have a compass

I don't talk a lot but can keep mine on for at least a week without it having to be charged.