• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Hot Cars Act!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The stupid Dummos in Congress never cease to amaze me. HR 2801 is a bill being introduced to require Automobile Manufacturers to install motion sensors in cars to remind stupid people not to forget their kids and lock them in a hot car.

Seriously. The Hot Cars Act. I'd call it the "Why don't you turn around and look at the rear seat you stupid fucking DipShit Act of 2017".

This is why all rational thinking people hate and despise liberals.

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 3.19.20 PM.png

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/hr2801

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
If they want results present a bill that will require the guilty party to be handcuffed and chained inside a hot car with the windows up and the battery disconnected. Keep them in it until just short of death. Of course that would be cruel and unusual punishment but would be the same as the crime they committed.
Mike

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Where in the Constitution is it written that this is a power given to Congress to regulate?

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
They finally made it legal here to smash into a car to get a kid out if some dumb ass leaves the kid in a hot car.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
Devil is in the details:

Section 402 of title 23, United States Code, is amended by inserting after subsection (k) the following new subsection:

(l)Unattended passengers
A State shall use a portion of the amounts received under this section to carry out a program to educate the public on the risks of leaving a child or unattended passenger in a vehicle after the vehicle motor is deactivated by the operator. A State does not need to carry out the program through its transportation or highway safety office..."

Sooo, the actual monies goes to education and NOT physical preventaion.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I can save the gov't millions of dollars in education by simply telling all the moron parents three words. TURN F***ING AROUND!!

My God, what have we all become? Parental responsibility cannot be government mandated. Laws, seminars and the like cannot instill the degree of intelligence and common sense required to be a good parent. You either have it or you don't.

Not that I was the perfect parent. Not by a long shot, but I don't mind saying I had enough smarts and common sense not to cook my kids in a car. And my dog for that matter too. Stooopid assholes.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My bet is the cell phone is to blame in many of these children's deaths. Just like car accidents, and not paying attention, to anything but the cell phones.

Regards, Kirk

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I can save the gov't millions of dollars in education by simply telling all the moron parents three words. TURN F***ING AROUND!!

My God, what have we all become? Parental responsibility cannot be government mandated. Laws, seminars and the like cannot instill the degree of intelligence and common sense required to be a good parent. You either have it or you don't.

Not that I was the perfect parent. Not by a long shot, but I don't mind saying I had enough smarts and common sense not to cook my kids in a car. And my dog for that matter too. Stooopid assholes.

Here there are a lot of drunken assholes who deliberately leave their kids in a car because they are only going to run in to the store (or bar) for a "minute."

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Whew ....when I saw the title of this thread I thought Congress was going to go after Muscle cars and other 'Hot' cars that go fast and ban them like they are trying to ban assault weapons. Whew. Glad that is not it.

But ....I have to admit my wife left me in the car over the weekend while her and my granddaughter went shopping in a 'AT Home' store. Somehow I survived.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
first I would like to see how that works when you leave a pet inside. rover is going to keep you from locking your doors. also any moron that leaves a child in a car un attended doesn't deserve to be a parent