• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WELCOME

Loudmouth

Site Supporter
I want to extend a welcome to all of us suffering from DIABETES. It's important we be able to offer peer support to each other. This is a hard road to walk, what with sticking ourselves daily with lancets, counting carbs, slipping up and going out of range for a day or two, injections, constantly having to say "NO" to ourselves...

No one needs to walk this road alone. We can support each other here...:wink:

Loudmouth

Site Supporter
I was diagnosed type 2 about 10 weeks ago. My endo put me on 2000 mg METFORMIN once a day and admonished me that Meds alone would not be enough to control my DIABETES. He said I would have to Change-My-Life.

I resisted, but after a few weeks of just counting carbs didn't lower me enough; I started to exercise at the Y - lifting weights.

THAT has been the magic bullet for me. My BG went down dramatically, and at my recent check-up my endo was pleased and told me I could cut down on the number of times I stick myself every day. In 8 weeks I had lowered my A1c from 9.1 to 6.2

If a lazy slug like me can do this, YOU can too.

just ask yourself if you want to be there for your Grandchildren.:clap: