• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Chevys

lov3ly

Right now I have a '96 Cavalier.. I'm trying to save up money to buy a new car cause mine ha about had it.

Just wondering if anyone has any opinions and good reviews for a Chevy Cobalt? Car lot next to my house has a 2006 4 cylinder Cobalt LS and I'm thinking about getting it.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
We had a Cavalier made in the early 80's I believe that we bought used and put many miles on her. Good car. I do not believe anything made today by Government Motors will be anywhere near as good. Just my opinion.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
The Cobalt replaced the Cavalier in 2005. We have a 2005 Cobalt and I hate it. It's slow, it's small, it rides like a go-cart, and just feels and looks cheap as hell on the inside.

That being said, it has been very good to us. Reliable, I think it has somewhere around 60K on the clock, and all it has needed so far is a control arm bushing, which is basically a maintenance item since it's made of rubber and will fail eventually on any car. But it is great for a commuting appliance. Would I buy one? Not personally, but then I hate small cars.