• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, hit 288,288 miles last week.

Attachments

• 2012-07-09_05-55-25_434.jpg
    2012-07-09_05-55-25_434.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 96

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats waybomb, I've never had or will have a vehicle with that many miles. The closest I came was a '76 Mercury Gran Marquis Brougham with a 460 in it that my F-I-L gave me when I first came to the States in 1985. It had 95,000 miles on it at that point and when I finally put it to bed in 1991 it had 219,000 miles. I'll never get that close again. When you only drive 6 miles in to town twice a week the odometer doesn't move much. :biggrin:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking a the dash, by chance is it a MB E190 or E300? If it is a MB, did you get the 250K grill emblem?

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
could be a gm or dodge diesel i don't think a dodge with a magnum v8 would rack up that many miles as i have seen a lot of ring failures around 125 k. i would guess it to be an mb or toyota

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I am unaware of any Dodge or GM vehicle with 160MPH on the speedo.

Especially a truck

Nope, really appears to be a Benz product late nineties' early 2000's

It is laid out almost exactly like my MB built Chrysler Crossfire ,,,,which has 160MPH on it and will do it.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
2001 Mercedes E 430 Sport.

The best car I've ever owned in terms of reliability. But the 210s were prone to rust, since MB decided to use a new-fangled high strength steel. Fixed the problem with the 211s. If it weren't for the rust issue on all of these cars, I'd be driving this car as my DD forever.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Fred you must take damn good care of your cars.:flowers: And you buy very good ones to boot.:wink: In the end the cost per mile is very low, and you drive the best. Nothing wrong with that. If more folks were like you, the land fills wouldn't be full, and the scrap yards not as busy. Not to mention China wouldn't have so much of our money...Buy cheap and throw it away later...Isn't working so good. I like your thinking much better.:smile:

BTW I have a 92 F150 Ford with 297,000 on the clock, 4.9l. 5 speed, original motor, not overhauled.

Regards, Kirk

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I bought this one in 2005 and it had 98,000 on the clock. Less than 14k with tax and tags.

I change oil based on the onboard computer Flexible Service Schedule - it tells me when to change the oil. My driving style gets me anywhere between 15,000 and 18,000 miles between changes. Previous owner did same. Both of us only used Mobil 1. I've been using Gold Cap for the last 100,000 or so. Grey cap before that.

So those that say change oil every 3,000 miles - I say Bunk!

Everything else either gets replaced based on the Benz suggested service, or if something starts acting funny. Only time I did not follow the schedule (I skipped over it by accident) was front wheel bearing service. I missed them by 50,000 miles and lost the rf bearing, so I had to get a junkyard spindle.

Yes, I love my Benzes - even an "unreliable" one is more reliable than most American junk. Sorry American car lovers. I was one once. No more.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
240k on my VW Jetta TDi, now. Some body work will be needed soon (old deer damage poorly fixed) but she's still ticking like a Swiss Watch.

After seeing the quality on my 2008 and 2010 GMC work vans, and what I see on a daily basis of the "American" auto industry, I won't buy anything but either another VW or a Mercedes in the future for my personal use.