• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cars we will never see again.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
My first was a 67 El Camino SS396 . Id love to have that one again . Then I restored two cars like these for play .
The pictures are ones like I had in the same colors .I can't believe I cannot find pictures of mine .
The red and yellow one were so fast they scared that crap outta me .Of course they were not stock anymore . The Vette was turbo'd and the 911 have 3 webber ID40's

Attachments

• ChevyCamino1967.jpg
    ChevyCamino1967.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 475
  • vette.jpg
    vette.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 460
  • porchse.jpg
    porchse.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 448

Gina

My first was a 67 El Camino SS396 . Id love to have that one again . Then I restored two cars like these for play .
The pictures are ones like I had in the same colors .I can't believe I cannot find pictures of mine .
The red and yellow one were so fast they scared that crap outta me .Of course they were not stock anymore . The Vette was turbo'd and the 911 have 3 webber ID40's

Nice cars Al! :)

I'm not technically proficient enough to know what 3 webber ID40's are, but if it went fast enough to scare ya, that has to be something really good! That's a car I've never driven, a Vette, darn shame!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
That's a car I've never driven, a Vette, darn shame!

The new ones are not anything like the old ones were . The last year I owned was a 1975 . It was nice but what a change from a 1961 . The ZR's are beautiful but I would not want one . My last sports car was a 1974 450 SL Mercedes that I sold to a friend a few years ago . I just never drove it anymore .
Now I got a 1931 Ford Pickup that looks like I will buy from my Fathers estate . Its more my speed now . :biggrin:

Attachments

• Mod A.jpg
    Mod A.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 471

Gina

The new ones are not anything like the old ones were . The last year I owned was a 1975 . It was nice but what a change from a 1961 . The ZR's are beautiful but I would not want one . My last sports car was a 1974 450 SL Mercedes that I sold to a friend a few years ago . I just never drove it anymore .
Now I got a 1931 Ford Pickup that looks like I will buy from my Fathers estate . Its more my speed now . :biggrin:

I agree, the newer models are a far cry from the models of the 1960's. My neighbor has a 1968/69 Mustang. It's solid as a rock. When I drove my girlfriends' 2004, it just seemed like any current model vehicle. There was nothing special about the performance or the feel.

That's a great truck Al! :) Did he restore it? You? Did he buy it that in that condition?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Dad owned it for years and I did a little work on it but it runs like new . I did do the new paint job and the red pinstriping about 7 years ago for him .
Since Dad passed away it has been stored in the shop .

Gina

Dad owned it for years and I did a little work on it but it runs like new . I did do the new paint job and the red pinstriping about 7 years ago for him .
Since Dad passed away it has been stored in the shop .

It's in great shape Al. I've never ridden in or driven a car of that vintage. How do they handle? Are they capable of 55 mph, if you needed to take it on the highway?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
It's in great shape Al. I've never ridden in or driven a car of that vintage. How do they handle? Are they capable of 55 mph, if you needed to take it on the highway?

Oh it handles great . Yes it will do 55 . Dad use to live right off the main highway and would take it to town 6 miles away , all the time in the summer months

Gina

Oh it handles great . Yes it will do 55 . Dad use to live right off the main highway and would take it to town 6 miles away , all the time in the summer months

Thanks! I wasn't sure if it was even a consideration. I can't recall seeing one on the highway in a long time. I see cars of many other eras there, but not one of that year or older.

Very cool! :)