• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Uncle Tom.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
My wifes Father turned up this evening bearing bad news....we have seen him once in 7 years(this being the 2nd).....he was shaking and looking lost...wife in the bath so i took him in and made him coffee.

His only Brother Tom has passed away.....my wifes uncle that she knew Dear...he was 74.

Don't know where to go with this as one we have lost a good man in Tom....decent honest hard working and had seen grief in recent years with the loss of his wife.....but also my Father in law that as seen death coming due to his age and wants to put right what went wrong....i welcome him with open arms and stuff the past.

Many tears here.....things are sketchy but i do know one thing....i will do whats right.

God Bless Tom.....thats the first thing at hand.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Galvi, You have already PMed me about this and I can't say much more than I did in my reply. I will be thinking of you and your family in prayers.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Prayers to your wife and the family. Grab the chance to resolve things while you can.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That's very sad news indeed, Dean.
You're a darling and I know you'll make sure all goes well.
Hugs and Love to ya!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
My wifes Father turned up this evening bearing bad news....we have seen him once in 7 years(this being the 2nd).....he was shaking and looking lost...wife in the bath so i took him in and made him coffee.

His only Brother Tom has passed away.....my wifes uncle that she knew Dear...he was 74.

Don't know where to go with this as one we have lost a good man in Tom....decent honest hard working and had seen grief in recent years with the loss of his wife.....but also my Father in law that as seen death coming due to his age and wants to put right what went wrong....i welcome him with open arms and stuff the past.

Many tears here.....things are sketchy but i do know one thing....i will do whats right.

God Bless Tom.....thats the first thing at hand.

Dean maybe this is the last gift that Tom wanted to give to you and your wife at his passing . A chance to have a relationship again with her father .

Many times when a family member passes I see familys that break apart like when I lost my mother . Sounds like old Tom may have just put yours back together . I hope so . Your are in our prayers .
Allen

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Good luck Galvi. I hope it doesn't turn into family drama. There's nothing worse than family drama.

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
Dean, we're with you M8. Prayers for strength for all of you as it would seem there is plenty of need all around.

Truly sorry for your loss.

Galvatron

Thank you everyone you are all good people.

Things are still a little sketchy...all i know is Tom was diagnosed recently with pancreatic cancer,he was responding well to treatment and went to Hospital for further treatment at the weekend and was due home after a few days....he died in his sleep whilst there,i guess at 74 things were just to much.

If and when i know more i will get it of my chest here....my Wife is quiet and needs some loving and i shall take care of that,she needs little stress and our kids have been great taking care of that.

Thanks again for your kind words and prayers.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Thanks for the update Dean. If you have any special prayer needs please let us know.

murph

Galvatron

Not sure whats happening now....Wifes Father has not been back...no calls....we did offer dinner to him for new years eve he declined due to the late offer and we respect that....no details on the funeral...nothing.

Time to move on i guess.

Galvatron

sorry to hear that, m8. wife doin ok?

Yes 100%.....we have come to terms with the fact extended family is not the all and end of our lives.....we will rock on as to speak.

We do care but will not let these things take away focus from our family under our roof....our kids are the future.

Harsh but reality...thanks for asking Rusty.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry I missed this thread first time around Dean. Sorry to hear about Uncle Tom. You were there with open arms when your FIL needed you guys, and offered more. Now you can be there when he is in need again. Everyone grieves differently. The funeral surely would be done by now wouldn't it? The local paper from wherever he lived should provide that info if they have an online presence.

Galvatron

Sorry I missed this thread first time around Dean. Sorry to hear about Uncle Tom. You were there with open arms when your FIL needed you guys, and offered more. Now you can be there when he is in need again. Everyone grieves differently. The funeral surely would be done by now wouldn't it? The local paper from wherever he lived should provide that info if they have an online presence.

Missed your post to Doc....well Bro-in-law has told me Tom was laid to rest yesterday...from what he knows not many people turned up as there is a family feud over his estate,annoys me when money becomes a factor before the poor soul even gets laid to rest.

Well they are welcome to argue over his estate....if they think there is happiness in that good luck to them all......my wife will be happy with her fond memories.

Thank you to everyone that posted kind words.