• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Crazed Gunman enters local Indiana Church

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This happened about 2 miles down the road from where I am sitting!!!

Notice that the gunman was an estranged boyfriend, and notice it happened during a church 'meeting' rather than a regular Sunday service. That seems to lend credence to the argument that things can happen anywhere, anytime even if you think you are going somewhere that is safe.

Officials: C.P. gunman thwarted by S'ville church group

By Susan Erler
susan.erler@nwi.com, (219) 933-4183 | Friday, July 03, 2009 | (2 comment(s))
A Crown Point man described as being in "terminator mode" carried a handgun into a Schererville church Wednesday looking for his former girlfriend, according to law enforcement officials.

The Lake County prosecutor's office Thursday charged Thomas Clark, 41, with four counts of stalking and one count of resisting law enforcement in connection with the incident.

Schererville police arrested Clark about 10 a.m. Wednesday after he allegedly entered the Emmanuel Presbyterian Church, 140 U.S. 30, looking for the woman who was at the church for a meeting, according to documents filed with the prosecutor's office.

Police responding to a 911 call from the church pursued Clark as he drove westbound on U.S. 30 away from the church but Clark didn't stop until he ran into heavy traffic at the intersection of U.S. 30 and Joliet Road and the police squad car blocked his passage.

Officers discovered Clark was wanted on a June warrant for invasion of privacy.

Police recovered a semi-automatic handgun, 152 rounds of ammunition, brass knuckles and a small knife from inside Clark's vehicle, according to the charging documents.

The woman told police she'd been in the church restroom when Clark arrived, and other people in the church yelled for her to stay there.

Witnesses told police they saw Clark enter the church carrying a gun in his waistband.

Clark brushed past them when they attempted to block him from entering the church and getting near the restroom, and he appeared to be in a "terminator mode," the witnesses said.

Clark left when he realized the witnesses were phoning police, they said.

A court order issued in January 2008 in Lake County was intended to protect the woman from Clark after numerous threats against her and her family since the breakup of their relationship, according to charging documents.

rugerman

If someone did that around here I know a couple of "good ole boys" who would have taken care of the problem post haste without even thinking of calling the cops. Cowards like him go to places like churches, schools, etc. because they think that they are safe and that no one will be carring a gun, well around here they would be in for a big surprise. I had a friend when I was in high school who was a preacher who was the best handgun shot that I've ever seen and he carried every day. "Phrase the lord & pass the ammo" is still a good motto to go by.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
If he had been a "crazed gunman", wouldn't he have started shooting everyone in sight? No, I don't think he was 'crazed'. He had a thought-out plan and purpose/target.