• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Melensdad, this one's for you!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I may be adding to their numbers again this year. Looked at, and pretty much dismissed the BMW 535i xDrive after comparing it to the Audi A6 Quattro models. I'm not set on what to buy for the lovely Mrs_Bob, but right now the top of the list is coming from the Audi division of VW. Not sure about Acura or Lexus, but neither of those appeal to much to me. Both are apparently nice cars. I've got a friend with an Infiniti M37 with AWD and that is a really nice car, rides well. Never driven it. I've done some extended drives in Audi vehicles and loved the experiences. The 2012 A6 has some excellent reviews and appears to be the new best in class. Its also got the advantage of being the same dealer as where I have both of my VWs serviced.

Not rushing into a new car, but probably getting on this spring.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
They are completely redesigning the Touareg from what I've read. I've read where they've batted around giving significant "loyalty rebates" to those who bought their 'not so reliable - admittedly by VW' first iteration of the vehicle. You sure you don't want another one of those? It sounds like the only thing it will share is the name.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I love my Touareg. From what I gather the 04 Touareg was a nightmare. From 05 and later, things apparently changed. I just know mine is fantastic. Only real problem is the HID headlight auto-level sensor went out. Its $800 to repair a sensor (the lights work fine, they also still auto-level properly, just the limiter sensor is broke) and at 97,000 miles I'm not going to repair it.

The Touareg is one of the few SUVs on the market that actually is heavy on UTILITY. You can load it up with plenty of heavy stuff, you can tow over 7000#, and it is actually capable off road. Most SUVs, especially the mid-size units, are grocery getters for soccer moms.

What I'd like is a LARGER Touareg with a diesel engine.

I've heard rumors...