• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Christie Alley speaks out on Oscar's diversity quotas.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Christie Alley has been an actor in Hollywood for fifty some years. She knows the score there but apparently has had enough.
Putting controls on artists???? Gimmie a break.

"You people have lost your minds." she tweets.

I believe that putting diversity quotas in any situation is as rabidly racists as it gets. If art imitates life or vice-a versa, then the two should be comparable. Yes, one is reality and the other fantasy but fantasy is what the controlling racists want.

To be clear, my company refuses to do government projects because they ask for racial identity lists of those in our work force. If we are truly colorblind and open to diversity, then how can we be compelled make judgements on those criteria for any purpose?

DAILY WIRE;

On Tuesday, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) released its new guidelines for inclusion, which dictated that movies must meet a diversity threshold, employing specific minority individuals in front of or behind the camera to qualify for Best Picture. As The Los Angeles Times reported:

Those standards require one of the following: at least one of the lead actors or significant supporting actors is from an underrepresented racial or ethnic group; at least 30% of all actors in secondary and more minor roles are from certain underrepresented groups; or the main storyline, theme or narrative is centered on an underrepresented group.

To be eligible for best picture, a film must meet at least two standards across four categories: “Onscreen Representation, Themes and Narratives,” “Creative Leadership and Project Team,” “Industry Access and Opportunities” and “Audience Development.” Within each category are a variety of criteria …

DailyWire

In response to this blatant violation of artistic freedom, actress Kirstie Alley (“Cheers,” “Star Trek”) said the new rules are “a disgrace to artists everywhere” and likened it to telling Picasso what he could and could not paint.

“This is a disgrace to artists everywhere…can you imagine telling Picasso what had to be in his ****ing paintings,” tweeted Kirstie Alley. “You people have lost your minds. Control artists, control individual thought .. OSCAR ORWELL.”

Kristie Alley deleted that tweet and later clarified that she supports diversity and inclusion but opposes the mandating of it.

“I deleted my first tweet about the new rules for best movie OSCARS because I feel it was a poor analogy & misrepresented my viewpoint. I am 100% behind diversity inclusion & tolerance. I’m opposed to MANDATED ARBITRARY percentages relating to hiring human beings in any business,” she tweeted.

I deleted my first tweet about the new rules for best movie OSCARS because I feel it was a poor analogy & misrepresented my viewpoint. I am 100% behind diversity inclusion & tolerance. I’m opposed to MANDATED ARBITRARY percentages relating to hiring human beings in any business.

— Kirstie Alley (@kirstiealley) September 9, 2020

https://www.dailywire.com/news/kirst...aign=position1