• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Is Apple set to explode???

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Is Apple coming out with a hot new product ? Rumor on the streets is it is . They are talking a very large rise in the stock price is coming . Apple has made many investors millions and ruined a few also through the years .Stock is setting just under $98 a share . Dividends are pretty low by my standards , around 2% if I remember correctly .
I have never owned Apple but think it might be worth buying a few shares to test the waters .
Opinions ?

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
I've never fully trusted Apple. It's only just now returning to its all time high of $700 from late 2012. The metrics are good (P\E of 15.8 and P\B 4.83), but it's just too volatile for me.

They might get a brief pop from the new product release, but I'd be willing to bet that in 52 weeks, it will be at or below where it is now.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Whatever their next big thing is it will be the first post-Steve Jobs "big thing".

This will be a defining moment for Tim Cook and whether or not he has the investor confidence to keep him around.

I suspect the markets will be apprehensive.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I bought in at $500 and I'm a buyer in the morning as long as it's under $100. Been a player for a few years and love their stuff. Never lost a nickle on APPL because I went in for the long haul. Still loving the 7 for one split. Go with your gut and good research, not the bias of me or anyone else. this way you only have you to praise or punish.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Go with your gut and good research, not the bias of me or anyone else. this way you only have you to praise or punish.

SO TRUE !!!! Great advice .Nothing is more important than doing your homework and knowing a stock BEFORE you buy .