• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fenders on a tucker?

anyone here ever try to come up with a means of deflecting snow from being tossed up in the air on a belt track tucker? Snow ends up covering my side windows, makes my windshield wipers work like mad to keep up...

Some will say "slow the hell down" and that's solid advice too, lol. But has anyone tried fenders or deflectors?

PJL

I've wondered the same thing. The 1200 will throw snow off the back of the tracks and land on the roof or windshield.

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
My skidozer has flaps on the sides, I think they are factory. My patrol has rear flaps, they are factory. And I've seen this type of guard on several Tuckers, I assume it's factory.

Or you know, a guy could always go the Wal-Mart kidde pool route :thumbup:

Last edited:

Snowy Rivers

A bomb can of Flat black paint on those Kiddie pool fenders would sure help a lot. :th_lmao:

All funny's aside......Some 1/4" HDPE SHEET (Black) could be cut and mounted easily to the key areas of the cab to deflect a lot of the snow thrown off by the tracks.

I have used the HDPE sheet to line the aluminum beds on dump trucks to stop the wear on the floor of the tub.

Easy to cut and drill and very durable.

Available in black, white and in some cases other colors.

Last edited:

Snowy Rivers

A make do thing ya know.....

If they were black it would not be such a glaring give away as to where they came from. :th_lmao:

I think I will take a look at creating track frame mounted "fenders" or deflectors on my tucker. They'll have to be strong enough to step on.

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
Just imagining something along the lines of a poly tractor fender, I would think snow and ice build up between the track and the fender will be a major design concern.

Snowy Rivers

The use of HDPE sheet should be great...ICE AND SNOW or most anything else will not stick to the Poly.

I used the 1/4" HDPE sheet in the tubs on my Transfer dump truck/trailer to protect the aluminum floors from wear...plus the sticky stuff would slide out easily.

A carefully placed piece of the poly sheet will wiggle/flex enough that most snow and ice should just fall off.....at least between the track and the sheet...

An aluminum angle frame around the poly sheet and then bolt the sheet to the frame should work.

Depending on the size of the span you might want to add a support especially where you will be stepping.

The 1/4" poly is some tough stuff and bolts are not going to tear through it.....

https://www.warnerplastics.com/hmw_natural.html

These guys offer HMW and UHMW ......Back in the 90's I used the HDPE as the better stuff (HMW and UHMW) were not available in the sizes/rolls needed.....

UHMW is a common wear/slide bar material

Last edited: