• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Dinner for two

JediMaster

:thumb: All of you have been helpful. Tomorrows the day. I think I'm gonna stick with the crab legs. She's not allergic to seafood so I have that covered. I let you all know how it went. Maybe it will spark some magic. haha.

humor_me

bczoom said:
Jedi, Bob's probably right though.... The rest of us probably do have it wrong.

You've got to learn to keep such a drought (that is: man being romantic drought) going to make them happy for anything even a homemade baloney sandwich:puke1: ! Especially pizza and a beer come football night!:burp:

Bob, it ain't the food that matters, it's the presentation!

If one does too much you may end up with a gold-digger and she expects all the time.:pat:

If you do the least romantic thing possible and she still hangs around, she really does like you.:thumb:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
humor_me said:
Bob, it ain't the food that matters, it's the presentation!

If one does too much you may end up with a gold-digger and she expects all the time.:pat:

If you do the least romantic thing possible and she still hangs around, she really does like you.:thumb:
OK well last night I picked up 20 White Castle Hamburgers, with DOUBLE ONIONS. As for the "presentation" of them, I sat the sacks on the table. Is there anything LESS romantic than that?

humor_me

B_Skurka said:
OK well last night I picked up 20 White Castle Hamburgers, with DOUBLE ONIONS. As for the "presentation" of them, I sat the sacks on the table. Is there anything LESS romantic than that?

Dang Bob, that sounds good! They still won't let me eat anything good yet since my surgery. Not even a stinking soda or a pizza.:mad:

yyaayy

OK.. let me say what I've prepared for the dinner in two..
Don't do like me no matter what (even that my partner didn't figure out that I didn't do all of them by myself)!
So.. I've bought some roasted chicken from the hypermarket and put it in the oven only too look like I've made it..
some frozen ready made potatoes and only fried them.. made a salad with a lot of things in it.. and then I've made a sugar browning cream and some pancakes with chocolate (Romanian traditional pancakes)
I've bought some red and blue bulbs to my spots and some candles and roses.. I arrange a great table with nice decor and she liked everything...
At the end we had a fruit salad with a lot of whipped cream and had fun :)

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
WW, let me clarify, I suggested he "think" fancy brownies as a way to get him to understand what a Chocolate Volcano Cake is.

Here is a photo of what I was speaking of . . . :thumb:

A nice El Dorado Merlot or Cab from Madrona, Jodar, or windwalker would go nice with the chocolate.
http://www.jodarwinery.com/wine.html
http://www.windwalkervineyard.com/pages/redwines.php

A nice port would go well with chocolate too:thumb:

And, presentation. Get the nice dishes out, garnish the dishes etc so they look nice.

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Maybe the solution is a homemade pizza???

Hand made pizza, baked on a stone... Some basil leaves, scallions, mild suasage, real mozzarela, a little ramono too.. Pizza is easy to make from scratch, or in a pinch use a Boboli crust.

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Maybe some Castroville artichokes, with some varied dipping sauces.

And some nice fresh baggeuttes or french bread. A little fancy olive oil, with a bit of fresh cracked pepper in it, some balsmic vinegar. Or, to really top it off, a head of roasted garlic to spread on the bread...

The grilled asparagus is awesome!

Pasta is good too. Best is homemade, but ya gotta get that process down before making it for someone else...

Hutchman

Site Supporter
Tonight was my night to cook. Package of frozen Gravy and Salisbury steaks in the microwave. Can of golden Hominy, not the low class white stuff, can of French style, not just regular, green beans. Put it on the table still in the pots and cardboard dish, with bread, and salt and pepper. I could see the little lady looking at me with lust in her eyes after seeing that spread. She left to go shopping right after we ate. I figure she's at Victoria's Secret right now picking out some sexy little nightie for later tonight.
:thumb: