• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

FF adventure in the making

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Details and pics when I get back! Should be an interesting trip!:wow::wow::wow:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
outhouse_gotago.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
There are some things a man has to just do hisself.

I would think going to the outhouse ought to be one of them.
:whistling:

franc

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hope he took some tools :whistling: :smile:
Sure glad there was an EMPTY fuel can in the back cause I ran out with a 1/2 tank showing. Either it only gets 4 mpg or the tank was not full when we got there. Minor setback.:hammer:Too tired to report anymore. Will update tomorrow. Need pain killers and sleep!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sure glad there was an EMPTY fuel can in the back cause I ran out with a 1/2 tank showing. Either it only gets 4 mpg or the tank was not full when we got there. Minor setback.:hammer:Too tired to report anymore. Will update tomorrow. Need pain killers and sleep!!!
She gave ya some problems, eh?:whistling:
A Little Deuce Coupe, it ain't.

Last edited:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I feel a lot better today after a good sleep and not sitting on something that is hot and vibrating! As some of you know Bobcat you should know better than to ever "help him out"!:hammer::whistling: He drafted me to help get an ex Army truck he bought home from Virginia. So I left about 3:30 am yesterday and picked up my BIL to drive the Prius on the way back. Except for fog and an assload of dead deer and 2 bucks that almost became hood ornaments the trip down went good till we left the interstate below Winchester,Va. From there it was turn on this church rd. followed by another Church road. 5 different church roads and then fairground rd. brought us to this "bridge".

Attachments

• deuce 001.jpg
    deuce 001.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 152
  • deuce 002.jpg
    deuce 002.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 148
  • deuce 003.jpg
    deuce 003.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 147

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Winchester?

I can be there in 30 minutes from here. Wish I had known, I could have met you somewhere on the road.

Jim

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
No weight limits or anything posted for it other than narrow road. After watching that little trooper cross it we talked about how much do you think this truck weighs. Got to the guys place which was back up on a hill in a semi-development in the woods. He assured us he had crossed that bridge many times so after telling us everything was good to go with the truck we left. His shortcut directions from the development led to the first 3 point turn with the beast.:hammer: Did I mention that the seat does not adjust and the steering wheel hit me in the belly??? It steers just like the old Korean war trucks I learned on back in the late 60's. Finally got out of there and made our way back to I-81. Took it easy on the truck and we were somewhat of a rolling roadblock doing 50 while folks were flying by in a 70 mph speed limit. After about 1 1/2 hr./ we made the Pa. line and stopped at the rest area. The truck slots were all full so I pulled over on the ramp to return to the highway. When I pulled back out I noticed the Prius was not moving so I stopped and waited. Ended up backing up and had to show my BIL how to get the car to run. As we got some more miles on it I felt comfortable to let it run a little faster and averaged 55 or better all the way to Harrisburg,Pa. where we stopped for lunch.At that point we filled the Prius but the truck showed over half a tank so I planned on filling in Williamsport. The seller had said it gets about 9 mpg and it is a 50 gallon tank. We crossed the Susquehanna at Danville and went up the truck route to avoid the steep hills on rt. 15. Saw 2 Mennonite girls bent over unloading a van and had to hit the air horn.:yum: They jumped up and the one had a real nice rack on her!:whistling:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Next thing I know while going up a mild hill the truck is losing power and sputtering but the gauge still read 3/8 or better. Made it over that hill and I am thinking weak fuel pump or water and crap in the tank. Another mile and going up a slight hill and that was it. Pulled over and quickly figured out tank was dead empty. Turns out after looking in the back there was an empty plastic fuel can in the back. We put it in the Prius and went in search of fuel in Williamsport. Got 5 gallons and dumped it in and got her going on the third try. Went up the road and filled up. On the road above Williamsport are some tough hills but the old beast did rather well and I only had to drop one gear twice so not bad at all. By the time we got to the lake we both needed a stretch break. Did I mention the truck does not have a heater but the cab heats up so bad I had the drivers window down and the passenger halfway down. This is right behind the exhaust stack so even wearing earplugs it is loud. We made it home about 6:30 last night. The truck runs good but the vibration from the drivetrain makes your butt and feet get numb and frequent stops are required.

Attachments

• deuce 007.jpg
    deuce 007.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 179
  • deuce 009.jpg
    deuce 009.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 172

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
What's the truck for? Hauling the Prius when it breaks down? :poke:
Thought I would post your original reply wiseass! As you can see the mighty Prius rescued the truck this time.:whistling::yum::yum: If the Prius had better ground clearance to load/unload it would have hauled it no problem.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I feel a lot better today after a good sleep and not sitting on something that is hot and vibrating! As some of you know Bobcat you should know better than to ever "help him out"!:hammer::whistling: He drafted me to help get an ex Army truck he bought home from Virginia. So I left about 3:30 am yesterday and picked up my BIL to drive the Prius on the way back. Except for fog and an assload of dead deer and 2 bucks that almost became hood ornaments the trip down went good till we left the interstate below Winchester,Va. From there it was turn on this church rd. followed by another Church road. 5 different church roads and then fairground rd. brought us to this "bridge".
So did you drive it over the bridge? Looks plenty safe to me for YOU to cross :whistling:.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
So did you drive it over the bridge? Looks plenty safe to me for YOU to cross :whistling:.
We drove across it. And over a bunch of tree limbs that were everywhere from the snowstorm. I was going to go Tuesday and the seller said wait till they go the roads cleared better from all the trees that got broken. The bridge had a pock marked top surface and there was plenty of rebar showing in places. The river flows over it when it floods and the detour is real long if it is underwater. Had a lot of traffic or I would have got pics of the truck on it as it filled the width pretty well but too many cars were coming and going single file.