• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Drove to Denali National Park Today

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Today, took a drive South of the house to Denali National Park, they plowed the road open to the Savage River. Took the camera expecting to see some critters... didn't.

What I did see a few miles from the house along the highway was a Coyote that appeared to be a young one. Stopped the car and turned around and went back and took a bunch of photos while he just stood there looking around. When another car came to a screeching halt and turned around to see him, he ran off, got a few seconds of video of him jumping off into the tree line.

Seems like I see more critters in my yard than in the park...

Attachments

• Coyote by the trail.jpg
    Coyote by the trail.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 499

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I don't recall hearing or seeing Coyotes here in the seventies, but there are a bunch now.

Last edited:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i had seen them on elmondorf in the 70's growing up but like us they multiply and need range

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
i had seen them on elmondorf in the 70's growing up but like us they multiply and need range

They were probably around, I just didn't notice them.

About fifteen years ago, I was at the Anderson Airport and working on my plane for the spring flying season and there was a pack of them all over the place yapping and such. Could see them down at the far end of the runway at times as they ran back and forth. Was a lot of noise for the midday...