• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Daedong's (Vin) trek across the US

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Alas I could have shown you the BEST of Chicago but you folk had plans. I understand. :neutral:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Vin and Mary departed here about 15 minutes ago, headed for all points east.

Unfortunately their air-card has gone tits up and until they can get that figured out or make it to a hotspot, their updates are going to be sporadic.

Cityboy

Banned
Vin and Mary departed here about 15 minutes ago, headed for all points east.

Unfortunately their air-card has gone tits up and until they can get that figured out or make it to a hotspot, their updates are going to be sporadic.

Where are your pics? Gitter done!

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
:doh: I would SOO love to take the Sushi tour.... That must be like no other.... :poke:

I call it the "bar" tour! Sushi bar, Strip bar, regular bar and if things went well we wouldnt have to go see someone from the Illinois State bar Assoc. :yum::yum: Pretty funny, no? :w00t: I just made that up. No seriously we wouldnt have had to go in the city. There are some wonderful places around the city in the suburbs. Fantastic restaurants, the zoo, Naperville Riverwalk, a place that plays Big Band music live, Fox River walk in St Charles and all the shops, great discount shopping places, Morton Arboretum. I can go on and on.

daedong

I've been out of action, computer problems. The little ASUS eee has been giving me grief, so I went and bought a Compaq 15 1/2". Anyway I am now back in action.

I committed the mortal sin of not taking any photos of Dave and his family. We camped one night in our tent at Dave's, we had tea together at an Irish restaurant, I think Dave has been there before, it was an excellent choice, but he got me a sample of an awful beer. What was it's name Dave, I must avoid it!. It was really good to meet Vicky and little Marshall and it was great to finally meet Dave after talking for so many years over the net.

We are now on the foreshore of Lake Erie, not far from Geneva. Tomorrow we will move on to Niagara Falls. The link below is me swimming in Lake Erie this afternoon, geez it was bloody cold!

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/daedong/swimming Lake Erie/?action=view&current=OHIO021.flv

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I've been out of action, computer problems. The little ASUS eee has been giving me grief, so I went and bought a Compaq 15 1/2". Anyway I am now back in action.

I committed the mortal sin of not taking any photos of Dave and his family. We camped one night in our tent at Dave's, we had tea together at an Irish restaurant, I think Dave has been there before, it was an excellent choice, but he got me a sample of an awful beer. What was it's name Dave, I must avoid it!. It was really good to meet Vicky and little Marshall and it was great to finally meet Dave after talking for so many years over the net.

We are now on the foreshore of Lake Erie, not far from Geneva. Tomorrow we will move on to Niagara Falls. The link below is me swimming in Lake Erie this afternoon, geez it was bloody cold!

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/daedong/swimming Lake Erie/?action=view&current=OHIO021.flv

That beer was Hacker-Pschorr, and is usually regarded as a pretty good beer. Yeah, we usually go to that place about once every week or two, so I guess it would qualify as our "usual place".

I actually only took two photos while Vin was setting up the tent...oh well, you can't live life looking through the lens of a camera, can you? :bonk:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
That beer was Hacker-Pschorr, and is usually regarded as a pretty good beer. Yeah, we usually go to that place about once every week or two, so I guess it would qualify as our "usual place".

I actually only took two photos while Vin was setting up the tent...oh well, you can't live life looking through the lens of a camera, can you? :bonk:

:doh: Wait until CB hear's THAT....

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Vin, you're braver that me. i wouldn't swim in any of the great lakes in the middle of summer let alone in October....too cold! You should have lot's do see around Niagra Falls. We were supposed to go there this summer but that trip got put off till next year. I'm not sure what there is for attractions on the American side but if you cross over to the canadian side, there's quite a few attractions to see and things to do besides looking at the falls.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yep! Things to see, people to do. You know how that goes. Canada is a peaceful country. Make love, not war!:punk:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Vin, you sure are making the best use of your time. Niagra Fall next. You'll like it. You have to go to the Canadian side for the best view. I hope they'll let you back in the US after they see the people in this thread you been hanging out with. :D

Do you have a hotel reservation for this weekend, or do you prefer your camping setup? I can fix you up with a spot at the boat club if you prefer to camp. I didn't think of offering that option before. :pat:

See you Friday!!!! I'm picking up the pizza from a special local pizzeria at 6:30, so I'll see you all around 7. Come hungry!!!!!!
Note: I will be at the boat club earlier if you want to set up camp before 7 ....cause it gets dark by 7:30 or so.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Fat Tyre. Chimay glass.

Cityboy, we got to get you brewing!

Unfortunately, I am out of homebrew right now. But, I have a mini-keg of Sierra Nevada in the mini kegerator :D

I'm so behind on beers. What's with this Fat Tyre beer? My daughter brought some to Columbus from Chicago last weekend for her sister and BIL. I didn't get to try it.
And I was in a bar called the Winking Lizard and tried my first Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. That was my favorite for the night.
I was thinking of buying some for Vin to try but hear that he does not care for Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. :pat: Go figure.
Fosters it is then ...... :poke: :yum:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
And I brought CB that six pack without ever having drank any myself. I am told is is very similar to Shiner Bock, which I have tried and like.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The link below is me swimming in Lake Erie this afternoon, geez it was bloody cold!

No way I'd do that with the weather we've had lately. Those roo nuts are huge compared to a humans after swimming in Lake Erie this time of year. It is expected to be around 23C this weekend, getting up to 26C on Monday. 20C and rain tomorrow.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Vin, did you get your computer sorted out?
It was great meeting you and Mary.

daedong

No, I gave the PC to the guru (BP), but he said he needed a disc to fix it.

We have made it to Washington. Didn't get here until late in the day, but did get a look at the White House, tomorrow we will see some museums. Oh, by the way I did manage to buy myself a new tie as a souvenir. What do you reckon? And I met this great guy and had a lengthy chat with him, thought I'd post his pic too!

WestVirginiaWashington136.jpg

WestVirginiaWashington118.jpg

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
First of all why would you listen to a guy who is flipping him self off? Second, the proper way to wear anOblahma tie is to first tie a vey strong double windser. Thentighten it firmly around your neck just slightly off to the right shoulder. Now tie the other end onto a very stout branch 7 feet off the ground. All this while on a ladder. Now have the very beautiful Mrs Vin kick out the ladder. Now your an Official Obahma supporter!

daedong

First of all why would you listen to a guy who is flipping him self off? Second, the proper way to wear anOblahma tie is to first tie a vey strong double windser. Thentighten it firmly around your neck just slightly off to the right shoulder. Now tie the other end onto a very stout branch 7 feet off the ground. All this while on a ladder. Now have the very beautiful Mrs Vin kick out the ladder. Now your an Official Obahma supporter!

Your comments simply highlight you really are stupid, for one buck you could have had control of her.:rolf2:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
There was a guy holding a sign? :confused2: All I saw was a brunette in a dark colored dress and sunglasses...:hide:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Look Vin. When you tried to sell your wife to me for $1 I simply could not do it. I had just given Sushi my last buck. Then you would not take a credit card. BUT remember you then said you would give me a dollar to take her. You never gave me the dollar. So who is stupid?

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I do feel terrible though. To subject Mrs Vin to a life of living with you cannot even be imagined! I trully am sorry Mrs Vin.