• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I found my bike!

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Yup. Came home from work and a kid was ridding it. I chased after him in my car. I asked where he got the bike. He said his dad found it! I asked him where he lives and he mentioned the sme building I live in and then I asked him what apartment. He said the number of the apratment that is next to MINE!!! He is the son of the maintanance guy!!!! :mellow:
I couldnt believe it!!! I told the kid to put it back in the bike room! After that I went to the office and told them I found my bike and what had happened. Then I went back and knocked on the guys door. He answered and he told me (rambling I might add) that he found the bike and then he asked if I had locked it up. THEN he said he checked to see if its registered with the office because he supposedly checked. There is no registering it with the office that I know of. Then he mentioned he fixed it up and said it was 'unrideable'. Thats a bunch of BS!!!!! It was perfectly rideable. Anyhow, I told him Im just happy I got my bike back. 30 minutes later I gave him some VERY cheap wine ($2.50 bottle) and told him thanks for fixing the bike up. (I could tell he did a some work to it, not much but some). I figure we are neighbors AND he has keys to my apartment so its better to end it like that.

How does shit like this happen to me? Weird huh??! :huh:
I hope the guy isnt a crazy man and does something to my car or whatever. :mellow:

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
You attract those things to yourself Sush.

Think about that for a while.

I thought about it and still have no idea what youre talking about. You tell ME how I attract it.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
You attract those things to yourself Sush.
You've clearly never been poor.

At some point you can't afford to take the steps to get out of a bad environment (in this case, a theiving building manager with keys to your apartment) even though you know that is the solution.

It sucks to be poor.

Hang in there Sushi!

Kwiens

I'm glad you found your bike!! Sometimes you just have to take the law into your own hands.......

K

BoneheadNW

Not to make you paranoid, but personally I would be concerned that the guy that took your bike has keys to your apartment. What is preventing him from taking everything else? Is there no one you can tell? At least consider setting up some type of cheap detection device (string across front door) to determine if anyone comes through the door while you are away.
Bone

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Not to make you paranoid, but personally I would be concerned that the guy that took your bike has keys to your apartment. What is preventing him from taking everything else? Is there no one you can tell? At least consider setting up some type of cheap detection device (string across front door) to determine if anyone comes through the door while you are away.

I thought about that. I thought about him messing one of the cars up. I thought about him coming into my apartment too. :sad: But the bike that was swipped, he didnt know it was mine until today. It was locked in the Bike Room on the 1st floor. (Im on the 4th out of 6) It was by chance that he took THAT one. But NOW that I busted him and his son on swipping the bike I feel that he would seriously fear for his job. Or he could just kill me :shock::unsure: Awwww shit man

cowgirl

Silver Member
Site Supporter
yeah that poor kid is crying his eyes out tonight because some mean strange man took his bike. I bet the kid has to now walk 20 miles to school each way. good going sushi!

Just kidding. good to hear you ran down the suspect and got your bike back. i would be a little worried about the maintenance guy though.

BoneheadNW

Does the guy look like Kramer?
Bone
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqsRB9kEYEU"]YouTube - The Bro - Seinfeld[/ame]

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
Anyhow, I told him Im just happy I got my bike back. 30 minutes later I gave him some VERY cheap wine ($2.50 bottle) and told him thanks for fixing the bike up. (I could tell he did a some work to it, not much but some). I figure we are neighbors AND he has keys to my apartment so its better to end it like that.

You basically rewarded him for being a thief. I know he has the key to your apartment. Inform the manager of the apartment complex of what happened. File a written complaint. In his eyes you have disrepected him and took his kids bike. Don't be surprised if there is not some kind of retribution.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Don't be surprised if there is not some kind of retribution.

:neutral::unsure: Dont say that man. That is the LAST thing I want / need. He is a Mexican dude too. Mustache and everything. :ermm:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
You basically rewarded him for being a thief. I know he has the key to your apartment. Inform the manager of the apartment complex of what happened. File a written complaint. In his eyes you have disrepected him and took his kids bike. Don't be surprised if there is not some kind of retribution.

:neutral::unsure: Dont say that man. That is the LAST thing I want / need. He is a Mexican dude too. Mustache and everything. :ermm:

Sush, I think you should seriously think about what Brents said. He is right, tomorrow you may have the cops coming to your place asking for proof that you owned that bike.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm glad I shaved my stache a few years back. No wonder I was craving enchiladas!!

See!!! :tongue:

Seriously though, maybe I should get apartment insurance and call the police so they keep something on file.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Ohhhhh man. :ermm: I called the police and they said I should make a police report. But I dont want to escalate things! I should speak to management but then if the guy gets in trouble, THAT might put him over the edge. I cant move, my credit sucks. Plus I like this place! ANNNND the guy KNOWS he stole the damn bike!

I think he would be worried about his job enough NOT to do anything stupid.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I can see it now.

Computer Freak Deadbeat steals bike from 8 year old. Father of 8 year old is suing. Computer Freak is removed from the Complex and told not to return.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Everybody calm down.

Low-Lifes like that flake aren't the same people who shoot someone to avenge a slight. Different psychology.

Sushi now that he knows you are on to him, you are the most safe from theft of anyone in the complex. Idiots like that are probably already on probation or something, and they don't want to cause another incident that gets you riled up.

He's poorer than you are. He can't afford to lose his job and the references for the only occupation he knows.

The incident is past, forget it.