• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

skidozer 200 track rebuild

warlock

making new tracks for a 1972 200 skidozer. One track was apart and the other was in very poor shape . My question is what is the spacing for the grousers. Near as I can tell the grousers should be 3 7/8" on center.
Thanks for any info

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
making new tracks for a 1972 200 skidozer. One track was apart and the other was in very poor shape . My question is what is the spacing for the grousers. Near as I can tell the grousers should be 3 7/8" on center.
Thanks for any info

That is correct 3-7/8"

Jphoenix

SUPER Site Supporter
I bought this SV200 from Warlock and he never finished the tracks because he started punching holes on one side (one pair of belts) at 3.75, then relaized his mistake when the holes eventually ran out and no longer lined up with the old track.

That's when he posted the question. He then drilled the other side (driver side belts) at 3 7/8" spacing and they line up fine. He was up front about it when I bought it, so no big deal except I need some new belts, I measure them to be 12" wide and about 21' 6" long - at least that's what the old one is and the two properly drilled belts - the two wrong belts are different lengths and shorter, so I would appreciate some confirmation on how long a new belt should be as I suspect the old belt is either stretched or shrunk?

I found a note in the paperwork showing the length and width - same as I measured, but no receipt for where he bought them, belts are embossed with the trade name Hercules and measure about 3/8th's thick, looks like two, maybe four ply.

I would like to buy only one side (one pair of belt material, but I would like to know if the belt material he bought is suitable for the SV200?

First photo is new belt thickness, second is the good side drilled and holes lined up, third is mislocated holes - not lined up :-(

Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3242.jpg
    IMG_3242.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_3234.jpg
    IMG_3234.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_3237.jpg
    IMG_3237.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 242