• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Vin, welcome to the USA!

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Lemme poke around a bit and get back to you. May not be tonight. Which version of the Access Manager do you have?

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Wait til you try Frys Electronics! Lots of cool stuff, but famous for little to no service.
Dang, you just stole my line!

Vin, Fry's is a don't-miss California phenomenon. The best way to do Fry's is walk in with their ad from a newspaper, and point at the picture of the item you want. Asking verbally is pointless. Nobody understands anybody. They hire mostly ESL (English as a Second Language) kids from all over the world then the kids hire their countrymen so they can understand somebody. Total chaos. But the merchandise is extraordinary - there's nothing like it.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Including the latest firmware? Do a screen capture of the VZAM 'help' window. Should look something like this...

Attachments

• vzam.jpg
    vzam.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Frys is the Worlds Greatest Store! They only lack hotel rooms so you never have to leave. I have spent 3-day weekends wandering a single store, just to make sure I saw everything.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the welcome.

I went to Walmart today, well I am not impressed the customer service was , well bloody atrocious. I asked this assistant something, I got a grunt at the best and he then just walked away, as if to say fuk off mate.

If you think Walmart is bad, just wait...:yum:
Just kidding GrouchButt.
Welcome to the US of A.
Don't mind those who can't understand your accent.
Those are the ones who haven't been 10 miles out of their own city and have no culture.
Have fun Vin!
We really are the land of baseball, apple pie and soon to be McCain and Palin in The White House.:brows:
PS, try McDonald's or Burger King over here.
Tell me the ketchup doesn't taste as vinegary as that down in OZ.
:tongue:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
That should be enough, and your VZAM version number? Youi can see mine in the screen shot, ver 6.8.1.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
As usual Vin is ignoring my stupid posts. :(
*sigh*

:smile::rolf2:OZInDaUsaaaaaaaaaa he is, Ozzzzzzzzzz in da US-A---Aaaaaaa.
:US_flag: <~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Vin, do you get any error messages after several disconnects have ocurred? Looks like this disconnect issue was once a common problem with this type of modem (not just your model).

Also, just to make sure it's not a signal issue, what are your signal levels? Anything above -90dBm should be good enough to avoid disconnects due to signal level. I've got -75dBm with RTT and EVD0.

Last edited:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Including the latest firmware? Do a screen capture of the VZAM 'help' window. Should look something like this...

Hey I have access manager. Vin are you running with a PCMCIA card or do you have a USB card?

I had the PCMCIA and since I went to USB I have not had any troubles. My PCMCIA always disconnected in certain areas. You might find yours works better on certain types of towers.

murph

Last edited:

daedong

Bob Mary made a phone call today and its all working well, thanks for your help, appreciated.

What a laugh, this morning we went of shopping, we drove around for an hour and a half looking for REI. we got lost so bad, my wife (the navigator) had me going in circles, I can't wait until we get to Reno.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad to hear the modem issue is solved. I know one of the problems people were having that involved disconnects was a provisioning error by the provider. There were lots of horror stories about trying to get help over the phone. Either they finally documented a procedure for that, or you got lucky with a service rep who has dealt with it before.

If you couldn't find R.E.I. before, you may really be in trouble in Reno. It's in a hard to find shopping center on the south side of town and just off the west edge of US395. Seeng it from the highway does not mean you will have an easy time getting to it from the surface streets! Hopefully you did find Frys and bought a nice GPS.

When do you get to Reno? I may be able to arrange a small air tour of Lake Tahoe and the Sierras, if you're interested.