• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

DIETING !!!! Man that sucks !!!!!

lilnixon

AKA LILVIXEN
GOLD Site Supporter
UPDATE:

My wife actually gain 1 pound !!! That sucks because she busted her butt as hard or harder than I did .

I hate to think about how she is going to be cranking up the workouts in the mornings . I am sore 24/7 now . Pray for me .....:snow2_smi:
I hope next weeks numbers are better !!!

Big Al how is it going? Don't get discouraged. Remember when you start working out you are building lean muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. Don't be a slave to the scale, check the fit of your clothing or your measurements.

I started Nutrisystems on the 8th and have lost 8 pounds so far.

Hang in there.....

Janelle

lilnixon

AKA LILVIXEN
GOLD Site Supporter
Update :
I been averaging about 850 calories a day maximum input . I guess thats not enough .

That amount of calories for a man is WAY too low. Your body is in famine mode. It will store every calorie it can because it thinks the food is drying up.
http://www.annecollins.com/calories/calorie-needs-men.htm
Calorie Needs for Men - Weight Maintenance, Weight Loss, Weight Gain
Your total daily calorie needs are the calories required to MAINTAIN your weight. In order to LOSE weight, you need to reduce your calorie intake. In order to GAIN weight you need to increase your calorie intake. One pound of weight is equal to 3,500 calories.

Thus, in order to lose one pound of weight, per week, you should either consume 3,500 fewer calories, or consume 1,500 fewer calories while burning an extra 2,000 calories in extra exercise. To gain one pound of weight, increase your calorie intake by 3,500 calories etc.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Big Al how is it going? Don't get discouraged. Remember when you start working out you are building lean muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. Don't be a slave to the scale, check the fit of your clothing or your measurements.

I started Nutrisystems on the 8th and have lost 8 pounds so far.

Hang in there.....

Janelle

I actually got past being discouraged about 3-4 weeks ago :thumb: . I have settled into an average weight loss of 5 pounds per week now through I seldom eat over 1000 calories a day . I have loss close to 20 inches in my various measurements . I'm down about 4 inches in my waist alone . The wife averages 3 pounds a week and has dropped about 12 inches in various measurements total .She has dropped 3" in her waist alone .

I use to be a amature body builder many many years ago, so my chest is quite large already . I definitely do not want to gain muscle or increase it in size !!! I am hoping to get my chest down to a 46" again . Right now it is a 52" . Energy level is quite high .
Nuti system is a good program that works well :thumb: . You just need to rememeber to eat accordingly when you come off the program . I wish you the best of luck !

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
At what point can we start calling you "Little Al"?

Hell Jim , thats never going to happen :yum: !!!! At 6-4 I don't think I will ever get that title . Maybe some day they can just call me Al .

I'll update my weight loss on Friday , cause Saturday I am outta here for a few months ,to spend time in Panama :thumb: .

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
There goes the diet. We heard about the little lady down there that brings you goodies every day!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
There goes the diet. We heard about the little lady down there that brings you goodies every day!

YEP ! I am really going to enjoy the "hot" fresh "Johnny Cakes" they cook and deliver each morning before breskfast ! Sorta like a Coconut Bagel , only better !:coolshade

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
UpDate:2/29/2008

I am posting this one day early as I am on a early flight in the morning to Panama .

I need to eat more and drink more water ! My metabolism has really slowed down this week . I lost a little over 2 pounds this week .
That makes a little over 50 pounds loss so far .:coolshade

Since I started recording my measurements, from 2/1/2008 to today , I have lost 6 " in my waist alone :4_11_9: .

There is no weight scale in Panama at my home , so it will be 2 1/2 months before I "weigh in" again .

I usually drop about 50 pounds when I have returned to Panama in the past . I have quite a bit of construction to do on this trip so I think I will easily lose that much .

See you in 2 1/2 months !:tiphat:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
What, no internet down there??

Yes, we have internet . I will log in as time allows . Most of the women are topless on the island so I may be distracted ....:boobies: :thumb: :yum: .
Just kidding ......
We may or may not take our laptop down depending on the amount of luggage room left . The luggage is getting to be a pretty big pile !!! I may just end up going to the main island and emailing from the internet Cafe when we do our weekly grocery shopping .
The hotel in Panama City has internet so i'll drop a note from Panama tomorrow nite . !

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Hi you all!
Well we have finally returned from the Tropics of Panama . WE had the best trip ever and I accomplished quite a bit on this trip . WE worked hard. ate well and I drank way too many Rum drinks/beer . It tooks it affects on me when I wieghed in this morning . I am only down another 6 plus pounds . The funny part is I dropped another full pant size and 2 shirt sizes . Pretty much the same thing happened with my wife .
So I am back on the proper diet again minus the Rum and beer .

The last week in Panama City and San Francisco added quite a bit of weight back on as we ate some very big and delicious meals . Energy level is way up there now ,
Total loss 56+ Pounds to date and over 20" loss in measurements .
Well see what happens this week ....

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds good to me Big Al!!
Keep up the good work, just remember-there's nothing wrong with a beefy man, as long as he's a healthy beefy man..:thumb::smile:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks PG! I figure I got about a 100 pounds to go . Just wish I could get my chest size down some more . Its a pain having to buy bigger shirts and having them trailored to the waist to fit correctly . Being back on the reg eating routine should help and I came home to a ton of work that needs to be done so that should keep me busy .

P

Pigtails

Big Al,
Welcome back. I know I am a little late on the "welcome wagon" But nice to have you back.. :chef:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well I am back on track again . Since returning from Panama I had increased my loss to 60 Pounds ,but then with Dad going back in the hospital and me bouncing back and forth from here to Idaho I put 3 1/2 pounds back on . Talk about feeling like crap !!! Fast food is crap !
So yesterday I told the wife "No More" .I want my low cal food back .

I got enough on my mind without worrying about weight gain . Its amazing how those 3 1/2 pounds made me feel . I feel fatter than ever !!!

Its so easy to fall off the wagon these days . :blink::blush:

I think we should have a FF contest to see how much wieght our little group can lose in say..... 6 months .We don't need to know what you weigh ,just how much you lose . Lets go for a 600 pounds total loss. Thats only 100 a month combined . We can do that !

Sounds like we may have a couple folks who ,like myself , could stand to drop a few pounds for health reasons or because they are full of crap . If you wonder who I mean , look in the debate section . If your in that section disagreeing with me , you need to lose wieght .:shock: We will work on the attitude later !:mrgreen::doh: