• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Your favorite "Poor man's dinner"

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Sounds great Pigtails!

I cooked the above dish tonight. Feeding 5 people for about $5.50 and have some left over. Cheap quick and good. Maybe 15 minutes for the Spam browning and mixing everything up. The rice took abou 20 minutes. @0 minutes and we were eating. OH I added a can of small diced S&W tomatoes and sweet onion. That added .89 to the above total. Came out great!

P

Pigtails

Yep, We even use spam as hot sandwiches when we are tired of the everyday lunch. Slice the spam into sandwich slices, put in a hot frying pan sprayed with a little shortening, fry till crispy and put on 2 slices of your choice of bread, That is buttered on one slice and miracle whip on the other.. Serve hot.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Baked beans on toast.
Grilled cheese and tomato soup.
A huge plate of colcannon (mashed taties and fried cabbage)
or.. if I am feeling particulary lazy and thrifty.. a bowl of Life cereal.