• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Walmart shopping experience

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
So... a week ago today, I decided to get a pocket video cam.
I went to Walmart because it is the only store that sells them here.
The sales person - I knew. She was a best friend of one of my exes.
I wanted something that would fit in my shirt pocket, and do HI Def.
I don't know why I trusted her. She sold me a JVC Picsio GC-FM1
camera and a 8 gig flash chip for a total of $189.77
Sounds legit right?

WRONG!!

Upon investigating... I found that - that same camera with a 4 gig flash memory chip bundled can be had for $66.00 bucks.

Who do you suppose had such a good deal? Walmart on line!
Free overnight shipping to store too.

Now - to make matters worse... I was sold an open box item.
I didn't know this until I viewed a youtube video that shows the
"unboxing" of the thing. There was no factory seal, and no plastic
bag over the thing. Also - there was a scratch on the front of the
camera lens protector.

So I took it back for a credit on my credit card.

The next thing that struck tsaw as weird - was that in order to issue credit - she didn't need my credit card??????????????

She scanned the bar code on the receipt.

That tells me alot! Either your credit card info is embedded in that bar code, or their computer system is storing every purchase you make. Either way it is not good.

I used to think I didn't like Walmart in the past - now I know I don;t!

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
That tells me alot! Either your credit card info is embedded in that bar code, or their computer system is storing every purchase you make. Either way it is not good.

Actually, the receipt and their computer system contain a transaction number and not your credit card. They simply notify the credit card clearing house that they wish to apply a credit against the transaction number provided by the receipt.

Your credit card number is not in danger.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Actually, the receipt and their computer system contain a transaction number and not your credit card. They simply notify the credit card clearing house that they wish to apply a credit against the transaction number provided by the receipt.

Your credit card number is not in danger.
Now you went and destroyed tsaw's misery. The fun is now gone watching him have a Wally-World meltdown, with visions of some Wal-Mart person buying peanut butter, Depends pull-ups and Trojan receptacle end condoms by the case using HIS credit card information.:yum::yum:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
...some Wal-Mart person buying peanut butter, Depends pull-ups and Trojan receptacle end condoms by the case using HIS credit card information.:yum::yum:

Someone did buy those things with his credit card. :whistling:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Nice replies guys.
The first 3/4 of my OP was ignored. (did anyone read it?)
Only the last part - where you were able to ridicule me was replied to. Well, in our store - we accept credit cards. And there is no way in hell that a translation # can be used to issue a credit. You need to swipe the card. So, thanks for the kick in the ass.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a return of an item after Christmas at wally world and they scanned the receipt and put it back in my account. When I returned a freezer at a local business they needed the card to back it out and credit my account.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Must all depend on where you shop Tom.
I returned a coat at Macy's once and they simply scanned the receipt.
Missed this thread somehow.. sorry you had to go through all that.

Obdurate

I've always hated Walmart.

Edit: But I understand why certain people -- especially families with low incomes -- shop there.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
One thing about large stores WalMart included is if you find it on line print out the page for it before going to the store. I recently found a Laptop bag on line for $22 from Meijer's on line however the store sold it for $40. I got the bag for the Internet price as most will price match if in stock. I have always done this also with WalMart, Sears and Lowes etc.

As for the credit card it really depends on the business account one has. Two years ago we got a copy for use that had the whole credit card number on it, however now only the last 4 digits. So we have to either have the card number etc or swipe the card again.