• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

NFL legend Jim Brown

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
.. that flag is my flag
--------
http://conservativefighters.com/new...i-dont-think-we-should-take-knees-in-protest/

NFL legend and Hall of Fame running back Jim Brown, standing in front of the White House, where he met with President Trump, was asked about the issue of NFL players kneeling during the national anthem, and he had a red-blooded American response. Brown asserted, “That flag is my flag … I don’t think that we should take knees in protest instead of be standing up for our flag.:

Brown, who is 82, and has often been called the greatest player in NFL history, minced no words when he was asked the question, saying:

I can be very blunt about taking a knee. See, first of all, I’m an American. That flag is my flag. Things that I’ve overcome in this country have allowed me to make me a better person. I don’t think that we should take knees in protest instead of be standing up for our flag. I think we should work out our problems as a family. And that’s what I would advocate to my children and to all the young people that I deal with.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Jim Brown was one of my favorite players growing up. I was not a Browns fan as a kid, but admired his tenacity both off and on the field.

To see him today at the White House was most gratifying. He always has been and still is one hell of a class act. :thumbup:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim Brown Rocks. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I was to young to watch him when growing up but I've marveled at what I've learned of him since his playing days.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Jim Brown Rocks. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I was to young to watch him when growing up but I've marveled at what I've learned of him since his playing days.

I remember him very well in 1963 when he gained over 1800 yards rushing in a 14 game season, his best. He had 7 seasons of over 1000 yards rushing. Remember, back then, some of those seasons were only 12 and then 14 games long.