• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Replacement Fluids

Snowman48

Hi All,

I've been trying to find a replacement fluid for my 2003 SW48. The recommended brand does not exist in my city(or maybe not at all) and the shops I've called don't have any suggestions. What should I use for the C6 transmission oil?

My unit has a delay when shifting into reverse from any gear...worse when the unit is cold....tend to get better after I've been plowing snow for awhile. Transmission oil looks clean and smells normal but thought I would start there.

Pic of recommended fluids and capacities chart from service manual attached.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_5249.jpg
    IMG_5249.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 264

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
If you have a John Deere dealer near, I'm fairly certain that low vis Hy-gard is a cross for the winter Donax. The parts counter should be able to confirm.

Snowman48

Was able to find at local Chevron bulk supplier. No other dealer in town could cross reference the Shell Donax....crazy.

IMP

Site Supporter
I use CAT TDTO 30wt oil in my differential on my J5. It should be the same diff as your SW and steers good in winter and fall temps