• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
dont worry about that work. Just ignore it. I ignore mine these days and it ignores me. Have a workless goodun!!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Darn Franc, You and I seem to be about in the same position. I just finished taking down the old wooden board fence between the house and the pasture. I kind of like the open look to the lake so I don't know if I'll replace it, certainly not this year. I have sections of the rest of the fence around the place torn down and I'll get around to replacing it soon. The work never seems to go away only it takes me longer to get it done these days.

If I leave mine down, I get a wonderful view of my neighbor's garage. And they get a clear view into our bedroom thru the 8' X 8' window wall I installed last year.

I don't mind but the wife says no.

So the new fence goes up.

When I fist built it most of the lumber was free from packing crates coming to my factory. Lots of extra labor pulling nails and such. The entire yard is 340 linear feet built it all for at less than $2.00 a foot. This time it is gonna be expensive.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's been a relaxing day so far.
Got some issues with the middle Granddaughter , but nothing good Nana lovin' can't fix.
Migas for dinner, ole'!
I'll take my walk before evening falls.
Then working rehab this eve.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I'd like to get into the model railroad stuff too but we just don't have the room now. Maybe when the kids are grown

Canadian eh!!!

I've loved railroads all my life. When I was 5 years old, before my Dad built their house, we lived in a small apt. near a small rail yard. One day my mom found me standing on top of a Pullman Standard box car waving to her. I remember little other then the switchyard foreman telling me she was going to tan my hide when he climbed up to get me. Obviously I have never been afraid of heights, but I was sure afraid of her. :yum::th_lmao::yum::th_lmao:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well so far I've accomplished a lot.

With the help of 3 very persistent dogs, and their calamitous barking, we managed to chase away the big blue truck with flashing yellow lights and prevent it from stealing my garbage cans. Unfortunately the culprits did steal the contents of the cans. The jumping and barking dogs were dismayed that I would not release them to chase down the get away vehicle.

I plan to go to the cigar lounge this morning

Then take out the motorcycles this afternoon, heck if its warm enough I may ride one to the cigar lounge? In any case my plan is to go to the cigar lounge for a while and also to get the motorcycles on the road for the first time today.

This evening I'll be at the fencing club

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
No sleep last night. Again.

The new Puppy ( OK she's a year old now) was a Tasmanian she devil last night. Running wild all over the house and constantly jumping on the bed and licking my face till I woke up. The bed was covered with her throw toys. SHE wanted to PLAY!!!!:clap:

We have four cats and this morning not a one was in sight. I don't think she ate them but obviously they were pissed off. So was I.:hammer:

I'm hoping today is an easy one.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Well so far I've accomplished a lot.

With the help of 3 very persistent dogs, and their calamitous barking, we managed to chase away the big blue truck with flashing yellow lights and prevent it from stealing my garbage cans. Unfortunately the culprits did steal the contents of the cans. The jumping and barking dogs were dismayed that I would not release them to chase down the get away vehicle.

I plan to go to the cigar lounge this morning

Then take out the motorcycles this afternoon, heck if its warm enough I may ride one to the cigar lounge? In any case my plan is to go to the cigar lounge for a while and also to get the motorcycles on the road for the first time today.

This evening I'll be at the fencing club
:yum::yum::yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
No sleep last night. Again.

The new Puppy ( OK she's a year old now) was a Tasmanian she devil last night. Running wild all over the house and constantly jumping on the bed and licking my face till I woke up. The bed was covered with her throw toys. SHE wanted to PLAY!!!!:clap:

We have four cats and this morning not a one was in sight. I don't think she ate them but obviously they were pissed off. So was I.:hammer:

I'm hoping today is an easy one.
We have 3 small dogs but they are kenneled every night and when we aren't home. They like sleeping in there.

Today was the usual gym and physio routine. We went to check out a new boat. Nice but I don't like the layout.

Canadian eh!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Got some bad news from the doctor today about my physical yesterday. Some test came back outside of norms. Apparently I did not study hard enough.

White blood cells count was three times normal and the PSA was double last year. I'm waiting for the fecal test to be positive and make my day really sour.

PSA was inside normal for my age but, still it doubled in one year. Scary. White blood cells are likely a carry over from my Kidney infection last week. I'm hoping that also set my PSA off as well.

We are gonna take these two again in 30 days. So I'm cramming to pass them end of April. My plan is still to be lying in bed dying of absolutely nothing.:unsure:

That or shot in bed by a jealous lover.:yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Franc!!
Tsk tsk!

Well I made dinner.
Soon as Aimee gets the dishes washed, we're going out to DQ for sundaes.
Butterscotch for me.
Large. Lol

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
After a busy day yesterday at the VA, I think I shall kick back a little. Supposed to be mid 50's, sunny so maybe washing the car and or the truck will be in order. I need an excuse to get outdoors and soak up some rays.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I dunno. Have not decided yet.

I have a few more light switches, outlets and the new switch plate/outlet plate covers to be installed. But I may delay the job simply because I am missing 1 last 4-way switch that I need. Why should I do 95% of the job, which includes multiple up & down the stairs to switch off/on fuses, only to have to then do it over again when the final 4-way shows up? Then again if I am bored enough maybe I will.

If the weather holds out I may pull one of the motorcycles out and go for a ride. There is possible rain. Also temps are supposed to hit nearly 60(F) but then drop roughly 20(F) in early-mid afternoon. So maybe a ride to the cigar lounge this morning and leave at noon to return home. Might miss the stray rain drops and should avoid the cold.

Beginner Saber Lessons tonight at the club. We have our class graduation tonight, it is basically a mini-tournament to see who is the best bad fencer in our graduation group.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been moving Handi stone from my dad's place to mine. One of the first retaining wall blocks on the market it was created by Kirchner right here in St Louis. But, it is no longer available around here. My entire yard is hardscaped mostly with this manufactured stone.

So I am stealing it from the walls and raised gardens I built 40 years ago at my dad's place. They are 9.0" X 8.0" X 4.0" and weigh about 20 lbs each. The blocks seem a lot heavier now than back then.

But they match in style and color, even weathered the same. So they will be "handy" for future projects.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Got some adequate sleep this morning.
3 days off now.
I'll hopefully dodge the rain today to squeeze a walk in.
God knows I need it with eating like a pig lately.
Can't let those lost pounds sneak back up on me.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Got some adequate sleep this morning.
3 days off now.
I'll hopefully dodge the rain today to squeeze a walk in.
God knows I need it with eating like a pig lately.
Can't let those lost pounds sneak back up on me.

Sometimes it seems like losing the weight, as hard as that can be, is the easy part compared to keeping it off. I dunno. Just sayin'. :smile:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sitting at the cigar lounge now enjoying a coffee and a cigar with the regular crew. Rode the lovely Mrs_Bobs motorcycle here. Temps are due to drop rapidly in a few hours so I won’t stay here too long. I’d like to ride a bit more before the next cold and rain front moves through

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Sometimes it seems like losing the weight, as hard as that can be, is the easy part compared to keeping it off. I dunno. Just sayin'. :smile:

No you are spot on right. It takes two weeks to lose 5 lbs and two minutes of foraging in the frig to put it back on.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Picked up the Chrysler Crossfire today from the Top Shop. New convertible top and rear window. The car has been in storage for two years.

Almost forgot how much fun that little two seat roadster with a stick is to drive.
:drive2::drive2::drive2:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My daughter shares our NETFLIX account.

She always turns on the SUBTITLES so she can turn the volume down and not disturb her roommate while she watches TV.

The way NETFLIX works is that if you share an account then the master controls are applied to ALL the devices across the account. So my TV at home gets her subtitle preference displayed on my TV screen.

So today I changed the subtitles to SPANISH ... now she will have Spanish language subtitles on her TV screen :yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I just got home from playing the music at the 5pm service. I picked the songs for the past couple weeks. 6 songs per service. Other than that it was a quiet day. Well, quiet for a Saturday with 6 kids in the house. It's not as bad as people think. Our oldest had his girlfriend over most of the day. She lives an hour away but comes to the city often. Good church girl.

Canadian eh!!!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:France:LOL ... she turned off subtitles.

I switched it back on. In French :France:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Hahaha. That's funny. We do the same thing. My parents are on my Netflix. I can see when dad is watching a western movie They use it all the time. I should do that.

Canadian eh!!!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
She switched it to English

It’s now on Chinese. Clearly the battle has begun in earnest :boxing:

Attachments

• 62F007BA-F5F9-45EF-9360-4762D6284E63.jpg
    62F007BA-F5F9-45EF-9360-4762D6284E63.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 73

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a very busy day yesterday.
Went to a bbq at Ty's and had a great time with the little ones.
He was in and out at the grill in the cold tending to his fabulous ribs.
I saw an eagle in one of the pines, but didn't get a picture.
Kiwi is missed as are all of the ducks...good memories.
Today I'm just doing.
Life is grand!

Status
Not open for further replies.