• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So far 3 shots of espresso and some watermelon.

Not sure what else I will do. Waiting to hear what the lovely Mrs_Bob & Melen have planned. Currently they are both in Bloomington, as the lovely Mrs_Bob went down to visit Melen yesterday and participate in a fund raising silent auction. The original plan was for her to return today but Melen was up early and said she is planning to ask her to spend another night in Bloomington so I'm not sure if I'm alone with the dogs for another day.

I have a new whole house humidifier to install.

I need to run over to our current flip house to check it at some point today.

Kick the dogs???

Not really sure what else is on the agenda...

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So far 3 shots of espresso and some watermelon.

Not sure what else I will do. Waiting to hear what the lovely Mrs_Bob & Melen have planned. Currently they are both in Bloomington, as the lovely Mrs_Bob went down to visit Melen yesterday and participate in a fund raising silent auction. The original plan was for her to return today but Melen was up early and said she is planning to ask her to spend another night in Bloomington so I'm not sure if I'm alone with the dogs for another day.

I have a new whole house humidifier to install.

I need to run over to our current flip house to check it at some point today.

Kick the dogs???

Not really sure what else is on the agenda...
Uh oh. When mama's away....

So far I've fed 5 kids and made sure they were dressed before leaving for the boys and girls club. Then I headed to the gym. Went for coffee. Went to physio. Came home and sent the kids off for the afternoon. Then I tackled packing for an overnight trip out to the scouts camp tomorrow. The kids all have to walk 3 kms over the lake by snowshoe. Meanwhile I'm using one of two snowmobiles.

It may still be cancelled though as we got mild weather and a few hours of rain last week before it snowed. Rain and 3 feet of snow on the lake means slush. And lots of it. Someone is supposed to be going to check on the conditions today.

Canadian eh!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Hopefully you had Triple A to help with the blow out and seized lug nuts. Glad you made it home okay.

------------------
Here:
Basement work continues then tonight we go to a local actors guild for a play.

Nope, I wish we would have had Triple A. I forgot to mention, on the way to Carlisle PA we shredded the serpentine belt on my one ton Dodge just east of Dayton Ohio. The Tow, with trailer and truck, was $245.00. The repair was $75.00.

Generally I can handle stuff myself on the road. But, we didn't have a new belt on board.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's been a long, yet relaxing day.
Been cleaning, watching movies, then Aimee made her authentic pork tacos.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I was up late crying for my lost, not to be Grandchild.
Ty had Jameson Isaiah and Isabella Rose picked out for names.
God's nor nature's ways are our ways.
This I know.
Still it doesn't hurt any less when my heart feels sadness over something so anticipated.
Silly? Maybe.
Not much planned today.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I was up late crying for my lost, not to be Grandchild.
Ty had Jameson Isaiah and Isabella Rose picked out for names.
God's nor nature's ways are our ways.
This I know.
Still it doesn't hurt any less when my heart feels sadness over something so anticipated.
Silly? Maybe.
Not much planned today.

So sorry to hear this.
There are no words of comfort I can express that would remove the pain, or I would utter them.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy Lollie,
sure hope things get better real soon. You hang in there and keep your head up!! Wishing you the best.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Things are better today, thanks.
Tonight I'm going to the pancake supper at church.
Yikes we're heading into Lent already!
Then I work tonight.
No more x in a row crap.
Space my days, please and thank you!
I'm getting too old for that shit.
Lol

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're going to the pancake supper tonight. Actually, I'm working at it as our mens group at church organizes it.

Other than that, its quiet on the homefront. My wife is off now for 8 months for parental leave as we're adopting. Hopefully next week we enter into what's called adoption probation for 6 months. There's just a couple details that need to be worked out this week with biological family.

Canadian eh!!!

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Got to go shopping for my grandson's birthday tonite. I have no idea what to get him as he has everything he needs. :unsure:
A warm house
His own room
Well fed
A cellphone
A cat and a computer
Big screen TV
His own canoe and fishing gear

He will be 13. Officially a teenager

OH! THE DRAMA!
:yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Damn. Turning 13 and already has a cell phone and big screen tv? Spoiled much? My 15 year old doesn't have a big screen tv. He does have an old cell phone with no plan he can only use on wifi.

I had a rather sleepless night. Up from 3 to 6am. Stomach turning. Dog whining to go out then later whining about being thirsty. Yawn. I have the gym this morning. Then I plan to search around for a heated blanket to help with the circulation in my legs.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a good night at work.
Coming down off the all night coffee rush.
Today is Ash Wednesday.
I'll try to make it to the church service, then make a meatless meal for dinner this evening.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Eating SPAM for breakfast this morning.

Because I want it.

No, I'm not going to share any.

Sometimes a man just has to do what a man needs to do, even if it is self destructive and will lead to regret later in the day.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

Because I want it.

Sometimes a man just has to do what a man needs to do, even if it is self destructive and will lead to regret later in the day.

I don't know about "regret". With me it's usually indigestion. I do love the stuff though.

Getting ready to leave for Tyler to put the car in for an oil change and service. That should kill the morning. I'll probably walk to McD's and have my annual breakfast sandwich of some kind.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

Because I want it.

Good Morning All!!

I love it too. Bacon flavored for breakfast with two eggs sunny side up!! I love the Hot & Spicy flavor too.

For today, off to the groomers with the Yorkie. She is not happy. She hates the groomers and that place where she gets stabbed with sharp objects, aka, the Vet. :yum:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Trading trucks at the shop today. The '95 One ton Cummins would not stop running so it needed a new shut off valve. It also needed a State inspection.

The "new" 2003 One ton Dodge/Cummins also needs a State inspection so I will deliver one pickup and pick up the other today.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning All!!

I love it too. Bacon flavored for breakfast with two eggs sunny side up!! I love the Hot & Spicy flavor too.

For today, off to the groomers with the Yorkie. She is not happy. She hates the groomers and that place where she gets stabbed with sharp objects, aka, the Vet. :yum:

We can't have it at our house anymore. The wife's Gall bladder went and the Daughter/granddaughter is allergic so pork is out. Just let me say turkey bacon sucks!

The Havapoo puppy gets spayed surgery next week. She actually likes going to the groomers and likes the vets. I swear that dog is nuts.
But really smart. Whilst she is house broken( finally) she sometimes has an "accident." When she does she goes to the bathroom and pulls some TP and sets it right next to the pile.

How do you spank her for that?

Last edited:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

I need to get both of ours into the Vet's office sometime soon for their annual lube job & oil change :unsure:

.... Whilst she is house broken( finally) she sometimes has an "accident." When she does she goes to the bathroom and pulls some TP and sets it right next to the pile.

Our Mitty only has accidents in the house when he is sick, and always goes on the tile floor so as not to cause me to get the loud machine out of the closet that shampoos the rugs. He hates that machine. I appreciate that the rare times he gets sick he actually goes on the tile.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Just got finished yesterday taking our second dog to the vet for her annual. Both are healthy and happy.

Our dogs never have an accident inside unless they are really sick and even then they usually alert you to their need so you at least have a chance to get them outside. The Labradoole was house trained in two days. The other one Gypsy, was an ongoing chore. She always wanted to go in the master bathroom. You could see her thought process, "That's where he goes so that's where I'm supposed to go". I had to sit her down and give her the "Me man, you dog" talk. It eventually worked. Every time we venture outside now, she goes. Sometimes we are in and out a dozen times in a day and she goes every single time. By the end of the day she's hardly able to "spot". Funny.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Busy day so far, appointments, grocery shopping, running to Defiance to see the kiddos.
It's a pain in the ass to go into the city as the bridge is now down and it's a construction zone.
That's about it!
The Clinton Street bridge that crosses over the Maumee has a panoramic viewer that can be followed on Facebook.
Here are some snaps.
The last one was a meme made by a group member.

Bridge 1 20190307_153249.jpg

Bridge 2 20190307_153229.jpg

Bridge 3 20190307_153210.jpg

Bridge 4 _1551990666463.jpg
:tongue:

Last edited:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I was right. The oil and filter killed all of the morning but they did wash the car. I snuck across to McDonald's and had one of their sausage, bacon, egg and cheese biscuits. Man, that thing was good. It was probably good because when I have the car serviced once a year is the only time I eat at McDonald's.

Did some running around before coming home only to be told by my wife that we were supposed to attend the Chamber of Commerce Banquet starting at 5:30. The food sucked so I was glad that we brought a bottle of wine. I'm sorry to say that I didn't win "Man of the Year" again. That makes 22 straight years that I haven't won. I think that I'm going to self identify as a female and try for 'Woman of the Year" next year. Maybe I'll have more success. :yum:

Myself and a friend did have some fun gigging our local County Sheriff. That made the whole evening worthwhile.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I've been up since 4am.
I'm having coffee and browsing the forums and Zuckerberg's place.
Not much on the agenda today.
Isn't it wonderful?
:smile:

Another bridge meme lol

FB_IMG_1552003804225.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.