• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Physio this morning. Then nurse visit. Then a 1 hour dental appointment. Now a Dr appt. Then pick up our foster daughter at an appointment. Then home for supper. Then take the kids to scouts for an outing. All this on 3 hours sleep due to being in severe pain again. Already can't feel my left foot when I'm walking. When I stop it starts burning.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Walter is going in for a buff & fluff this morning.

Heading to O'Hare Airport to pick Melen up this evening, then dinner, probably at PF Changs?

Not sure what I will do in between those things.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Physio this morning. Taking one of the rug rats toba dentist appointment at noon. Then home to wait for someone to come pick up a set of old couches downstairs as we decided to replace them with a sofa bed for when company comes to stay.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Got up did some laundry. Then I had to pick up 2 prescriptions. I have the seizures and can't drive so had to take the bus. I looked at my watch as I was walking out of the house and it showed 8am on the dot. I didn't get home until after 10am.
The place is less than 2 and a half miles from my house. Granted I did stop for something to eat but that is because I really had to use the restroom. That's not the greatest part of the city (like there is one in Phoenix). So they make people buy something before they open the restroom, (in my case they I promised to buy something) . There are a lot of transients in that area and they don't want them to use it.
Then even though I was tired when I got home I did more laundry.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Later I will be going to work.
Right now I am enjoying the new laptop with the new wireless mouse.
I was going to buy a little Logitech,but chose a Microsoft instead.
OMG,so much easier to navigate and do other tasks.

Finally took the time to get to know this new machine.
Not so sure about Microsoft Edge tho.
10 is so much different than 7 -- like still trying to find everything.

Oh, last night a bunch of us went to Old City Prime.
Lovely place!
Got the white fish Oscar for my birthday dinner.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Big storm blew through last night.

Got up this morning and took out the trash.

Like Melsdad, I've got to take the labradoodle to the groomer at noon.

Apart from that, I don't know what I'll do today, probably just piddling. I'll may try to finish my library book as it is due to be returned in a couple of days.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Physio again. Then out for lunch with the missus. Then home to wait for the nurse. Then take our daughter to an appointment. Been a busy week considering that I can't walk more than 50 ft without my back burning.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Physio again. Then out for lunch with the missus. Then home to wait for the nurse. Then take our daughter to an appointment. Been a busy week considering that I can't walk more than 50 ft without my back burning.
Squeezed in a wash job for the truck and scooter to get some salt off since its above freezing. Turned on the water outside for the first time this spring. Going to turn it off again from inside to prevent freezing at night.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Finally got a call back from the urologist office. Dropped my snack answering the phone. Had only talked to the woman for a few minutes when the phone started beeping and I lost her.
I called back and told the woman at their office who had answered the phone about this and she said something about having no record of me being called back.
So I had to tell her that I hadn't imagined it!
So now I'm still hungry and waiting for a call back.
Yep this definitely will be continued in the Rant Forum!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Trying to stay busy. Started construction on a wall in the basement last night. Our two oldest basically have half the basement to themselves but it was all wide open. Finished but open with no walls. For the past two years they were only separated from the rest of the basement with a temporary wall divider about 5' high and no bedroom door. So a 15 foot wall is being built to close them in. It goes 15' from the outside wall to a support post then another 5' wall from the post to an interior wall where a door will be located.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I have been pretty busy of late, with volunteering for a couple of things, and puttering around the apartment getting some spring cleaning done. I have kind of lost interest in going on the computer like I use to do.

Life is good, and better things are on the horizon.

:clap::clap::clap:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Trying to stay busy. Started construction on a wall in the basement last night. Our two oldest basically have half the basement to themselves but it was all wide open. Finished but open with no walls. For the past two years they were only separated from the rest of the basement with a temporary wall divider about 5' high and no bedroom door. So a 15 foot wall is being built to close them in. It goes 15' from the outside wall to a support post then another 5' wall from the post to an interior wall where a door will be located.
7a622df033e2c81b3f57139b14036e1f.jpg
be0920f90f2eb7d138f3be8b401c18c8.jpg

I did the cutting outside while our second oldest and his uncle screwed things together.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't do a friggin' thing. The weather was nice, 65° and cloudless skies but the wind was blowing about 30 mph. It made it feel really cool and "stuff" was falling out of the trees.

So, I basically stayed inside and read and played on the computer.

I've got a busy day planned for tomorrow ... weather permitting.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Two storm systems blew through here last night before 9pm.
This was while I was at work.

Loving the new PC but still having some difficulty finding where everything is!
Yesterday it asked for an update for 10 -- dayum that took forever :hammer:
After that, when I rebooted it said the wifi connection was in airplane mode and had to reinstall Adguard.

There are a lot of "extras" that came with this... now I have to figure out what to delete and make it less confusing.

It's going to be a busy day.
Will be going to see the kids later on.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Had to buy new rubber boots. The mud is pretty bad plus the dog chewed one. Getting those storms from Ohio:smile:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Work ............. it's all I do anymore BUT this afternoon I'm finally gonna play with my latest project hopefully. I bought a used Honda 1100 ACE for my sons to get use to a bigger bike with footboards. Bucket list item to ride with them some day with us all on HD's. I'm going to put engine guard, windshield, handlebars, fix a small oil leak (yep, can you believe it on a Honda) and change all the fluids. Follows is before the changes .............

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing wrong with a honda. They make some great bikes. I'm actually looking into either a spyder or that new honda wing with the dual wheels in the front so I can get back on the open road. As far as I know they are only a prototype right now.

My day today is packed full of appointments again.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Apartment hunting yesterday in Bloomington, IN near the I.U.Law School.

Visited a nice modern complex that is 2 miles from campus. Very nice, brand new, looked at 2 bedroom and also Studio style units. While we were assured there were some law students living there, it was a bit removed from everything.

Visited an interesting 2 bedroom unit in downtown. Walking distance to the law school. Landlord has his office downstairs, very nice people. The good thing is it is a small quiet, historic building with lots of character, great woodwork, high ceilings, etc. But they said homeless people walked by all the time, area was a bit rough. Appeared to be an 'up & coming' area.

Visited an interesting 2 bedroom unit on the other side of downtown. Also walking distance to the law school. Its in a perfect location, small quiet, historic building with lots of character. Inside is pretty much white walls and modern cabinets, so not the historic charm of the building on the rougher side of downtown. But this one is on the main road with bars, cafes, shops, etc ... but literally on the very end of that street so its NOT in the middle of the noise, its across from the Park Hyatt hotel, around the corner from the Hilton Garden. So a nice area, we walked around there last night and it seemed safe, lots of students about but not a rowdy crowd. So that building is her 1st choice for living if we can get an apartment.

TODAY Melen is at the law school meeting professors, talking to current students, etc. Its pretty much an all day event. The lovely Mrs_Bob is laying in bed with a stomach bug. So I'm sitting in a mostly dark hotel room playing on the computer. We arranged for a late check out so we have until 2pm to get out of the room. Hopefully grab lunch at that time if she is feeling better?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Clearing a foot of heavy wet snow this morning. At least the snow blower was able to take care of it. Now it is turning to rain. At least I won't have to shovel rain. :yum:

Next up, taking some measurements for a new mantle for the fireplace, then order the wood at the mill. I think we will go with Vermont Rock Maple and have it milled, kiln dried and planed so all I have to do is install it. Easy peasey.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Made a huge breakfast casserole this morning for brunch.
I'll be marching up and down the basement stairs doing laundry for a couple of hours.
Nothing major planned for today-- I am off til Monday.

Yesterday was grand; spent the day with Kasey and Jeff.
He took me to dinner at Sweetwater Chophouse, a place I highly recommend if any of you make it up Defiance way in your travels.

Thanks zeke :smile:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Heading to Cleveland for dinner and a birthday party with younger bother and sister (twins) and their families. Should be lots of fun.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Hmmm. Lets see. Forgot to take my pain pills last night. So my day started at 3:30am in pain. After a groggy breakfast I made a trip to the border to pick up a new set of rotors pads and an upper control arm for the truck, some wind deflectors for the new yukon, and a sprakly new guitar for me. Came home and hung out till I had to play the service at 5.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Lazy day, and quite relaxing.
We've been watching Animal Planet {Rocky Mountain Vet and The Zoo) and picking around instead of doing any cooking.

Here is the laptop I have.
Windows 10 isn't that bad once you get to know it's evil ways.
:yum:

Attachments

• th139EBOQR.jpg
    th139EBOQR.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.