• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Weird

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
but, we've had alot of solar storm in the last 3 years and no noises ( I watch solar weather- I like to sit in the hottub and watch the show)

http://spaceweather.com/

I know but it does produce a sound though normally at a frequency that isn't heard by the human ear. It was also my understanding that the one due about that time was one of the largest in recorded history for these things. So perhaps it was large enough this time that it was at a frequency the human ear could hear. That is the question but I will grant you it is weird even if that is the reason.

SShepherd

if I remember correctly there was a huge storm back in the late 1800's. The northern lights were so bright in boston you could read a paper at night, and they saw them in puerto rico. Telegraph wires were sparking. Another biggie blacked out part of canada in the 90's I think. I'll have to try and see if any odd sounds were reported, I don't remember reading of any.

The spookiest of the whole vid were the firemen in the woods, in canada.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
if I remember correctly there was a huge storm back in the late 1800's. The northern lights were so bright in boston you could read a paper at night, and they saw them in puerto rico. Telegraph wires were sparking. Another biggie blacked out part of canada in the 90's I think. I'll have to try and see if any odd sounds were reported, I don't remember reading of any.

The spookiest of the whole vid were the firemen in the woods, in canada.

Funny I picked up on the one in Canada also as the spookiest. I know all kinds of sounds come from space though most our atmosphere and normal noise levels blocks or mask them for the most part.

SShepherd

the combination of their reactions to the sound, and the birds starting to go nuts confirmed it wasn't faked...and had to be really loud.

it sounded a bit like hundreds of voices going "Ahhhhhhhhhhh"

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
the combination of their reactions to the sound, and the birds starting to go nuts confirmed it wasn't faked...and had to be really loud.

it sounded a bit like hundreds of voices going "Ahhhhhhhhhhh"

Yes at times it sounded like a fog horn at a distance and others times like the old type horns (think Gabriel from the bible) as well as voices. It also sounded something like steel flexing in high winds at time. It also fluctuated in pitch giving it a bit of a musical sound at other times.

The first one on the video at first I thought it was music coming from a near by bar or what ever the building was, but almost the same sound in the second and rest of them for the most part. I also noticed and don't know if this is really fact, but it seemed loader from locations further north than say Costa Rico, Oklahoma or Chicago (first one I think).

Oh and one of them I heard a dog going off in addition to the birds.