• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

JD 555A track loader

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone here have experiance with one of these? A good friend has his in my shop. He is changing oils and filters, but we cann't seem to find the Strainer screen in the power shift trans. There is a plate on the lower right hand side of the transmission housing that may have the screen behind it. Any one know for sure if this is the cover?

Of course we are trying to do this without the benifit of an owners manual. (I found one online) And don't want to have to wait for it....

Thanks in advance,

Best regards, Kirk

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
JD website will show it in parts manual for your machine. You have to register and list your nearest dealer to get a password but it is free and a very good site.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks muleman....

We have burried a barn foundation and some trees. Nice little dozer, runs well, and seems to be a solid unit. Power shift trans preasures are a little on the low side when it is working hard and hot, but seems to be OK. I am going looking for a 550 with a 6 way blade to run with the loader.

Regards, Kirk

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Would love to have a small loader like that around here. Finances and the wife won't allow that.:yum: