• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

First run of the season last night

PJL

Yesterday afternoon I had a call of numerous vehicles stuck in the snow on one of the forest roads off I-90 near Snoqualmie Pass. Folks were out cutting their Christmas trees. And, well... When the sun went behind the hills it cooled and the road froze. The people that had proper tires and chains were fine. The others, not so much. When they got sideways in the road no one could get around them. We took the cat and a handful of SAR guys on tracked rigs and chained up 4X4's to get things going again. There really wasn't that much snow. The cat did a great of busting up the ice so people could get some traction.

The cat had a lot of work done during the summer and it ran great. No more smell of exhaust and coolant in the cab. New bogie tires made for a smoother ride.

The new PJ trailer is a breeze to load and unload. Although being longer I have to choose my unloading/loading spots very wisely now.

Sorry no pics. It was too dark.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
pete's free towing service. come with every tree permit with a big happy smile .