• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Melensdad's new 'prepper' RV

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll have to just strap my Honda 8500kW generator on top of my Excursion and pack it full of MRE's and camping gear. I can weld up a couple gallon fuel tank from 3/8" stainless, that way it won't need a skid pan and I can get the same range. I have a 4" lift kit for it I just need to install along with some M/T 38.5 off road tires. All I need is to add a Detroit air locker for the front and rear.

Or, on a serious note, should I sell my darn near perfect '03 Eddie Bauer 4X4 Excursion with only 65k original miles on it. I'm only the 2nd owner and its only sat outside maybe a total of seven days since new. It has the 6.8 V10, but I have to admit I love that power train since I'm not hauling 20k pounds behind it. All it's ever towed has been my trailer with 2 Jet Skis on it. Thoughts on that? I really don't need it now that 3 of my 5 kids are gone. I just like it and I don't know how I could ever replace it; being in perfect condition and only 65k original miles. Based on average estimates of true value between $15,500 and $16,000, my wife says sell. Is she right?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm semi seriously looking at the Mercedes GL 350 Blutec (diesel). Not as nice as the one in Dargos first post, but probably a lot more practical for daily driving.

Brent, how many mpg do you get in that diesel Excursion? Obviously you don't drive it much, is it just for trailer towing and family trips?